P-40M, Academy Minicraft 1/72, 44th FS - FINISHED (+new photos 3/18/2015)

Absolutely superb Wolwe. Your close-up photos show what stunning results you achieve. Really glad you decided to carry on working on this one! Well done.

• Like 1

Thanks Cooken, i m realy happy you and others like it :) I did some work on the P-40 yesterday and made some shots, sadly my postimage account is full so i need to find some other page for storing my photos :( But i could delete some old galeries there, so i could upload like half of the shots i did made :)

So the last finishing touches were done on the fuel tank, did some dust and mud work all around with pigments and here is the result :)

the fuel tank - sadly only one shot made it to the postimage, rest were left out bcs of the limit size reached.. I ll add more shots as soon as i find new page for sharing photos (this is the same for overall shots too)

070.jpg

079.jpg

073.jpg

076.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

092.jpg

097.jpg

100.jpg

102.jpg

108.jpg

few shots where i tried to capture the colours variations of weathering, dirt, dust and such

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

I did some series of shots on the sunshine (well, inside of the house but with sun shining through the window :) ), sadly only these two made it to the size limit.

007.jpg

008.jpg

Thanks for watching guys and once again thanks to all who supported me in any way, i appreciate it a lot guys :) cheers! :) I ll add more shots later :)

• Like 4

That is a work of art Wolwe. Your attention to detail still amazes me as does your weathering. Brilliant at all levels. Well done.

Right - have you decided what's next?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your nice words :) i m happy how she did turn out after all.. it could be better, but i can say that about any of my work.. :D

Next.. well.. i started to work on another P-40N, deciding between full NMF/aluminium US/australia version, some SAAF OTU machine (with yellow stripes) or maybe something else even.. I started to work on it at the moment when the exhaust staining went almost all white on this P-40M.. So not sure if i ll even finish it.. need to find some photo-storage page as well anyway :)

After that (or along with that) i should finaly do the Airfix 1/48 Gnat i got as xmass gift.. aaand i bought the new Eduard Spitfire VIII in overtrees version (i have some spare decals for it at home).. But there is also the French GB and i have Mirage 2000C i would like to do... as something totaly different for my restart (so far after my restart i did only WW2 planes). And there is P-38 GB comming soon.. :D soooo.... a lot of work to do, so little time.. :)

Oki, noticed the limit on the Postimage was not about the number of images but about the size of single uploaded image.. so after few changes, i can show you some more images :)

095.jpg

075.jpg

078.jpg

099.jpg

103.jpg

106.jpg

some more shots on the sun light

012.jpg

014.jpg

005.jpg

and two shots to show, how can the colour change, if the sunshine intensity changes... for all the ppl, who knows "this was light green for sure" from 60 years old black/white photo... ;)

001.jpg

002.jpg

And few black and white shots ;)

002.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

:)

• Like 8

Wolwe , I used the virtually same bits and pretty much the same kit as you (E not M) but yours is like a Caravaggio while mine is akin to a five year olds finger painting: Truly excellent work and a superb display of skill and talent.

Anil The Humbled and Awed

• Like 1