No Jaguars?

No Lightnings?

No RAF Tornados?

No sniff of a Wessex?

No sign of a Nimrod?

If this doesnt change, I can see me revising my Plan B. :(

Fixed this partially...

Have added an FGR.2 into the mix.

If I get enough time I may even dig out my Lightning F6 from the stash & build a Binbrook camo over NMF finish...

• Like 1

Having a rethink about my entry which culd be either a Lightning F3 with sidewinders (seen the photo) and/or an East German MiG-23mf.

I cant find the Sidewinder Lightning on Google - would like to though!

I've been told this happened by an ex-Binbrook Liney but would love to see a photo! His version was that they were fitted as a wind-up I'd love to know more.

Found a bit HERE may not have been a wind up after all. Scroll down to section 8

Hmmm. So...

No Phantoms?

No Jaguars?

No Lightnings?

No RAF Tornados?

No sniff of a Wessex?

No sign of a Nimrod?

I just bought an Revell Gr1 Tonka but I've no idea what period the decals depict. I'd like to go AM with the decals and do the white/grey winter camo but the Hannants listing doesn't have dates for that scheme either :/

Also, at the pace at which I build I can guarantee that I won't get it started before this thing finishes.

EDIT: Tornado scheme is this one shown on a brilliantly built Revell Gr.1 by alex

I've been told this happened by an ex-Binbrook Liney but would love to see a photo! His version was that they were fitted as a wind-up I'd love to know more.

Found a bit HERE may not have been a wind up after all. Scroll down to section 8

The photo I have is in the Osprey Air Combat book on the Lightning, on page 146 showing an 11Sqn F3 at RAF Valley in 1982 with a pair of Sidewinder drill rounds fitted. Yes it was done as a wind up, a bit like that picture of an F-106 in Korea fitted with some MERs and bombs just before a high ranking officer arrived at the base.

• Like 2

The photo I have is in the Osprey Air Combat book on the Lightning, on page 146 showing an 11Sqn F3 at RAF Valley in 1982 with a pair of Sidewinder drill rounds fitted. Yes it was done as a wind up

There was a lot of that sort of thing in the 80s. Somewhere there must be a picture of a IV (AC) Sqn Harrier with 1000lb bombs fitted tail first.

• Like 1

Also no sign of Canberras.

Are they allowed Col?

Given the chance I'd make them mandatory! :lol: Would love to see a Canberra in the GB.

• Like 2

Hmmm. So...

No Phantoms?

No Jaguars?

No Lightnings?

No RAF Tornados?

No sniff of a Wessex?

No sign of a Nimrod?

Don't worry my friend, there will be Phantoms! There WILL be Phantoms!!

• Like 1

Don't worry my friend, there will be Phantoms! There WILL be Phantoms!!

I may do a 2nd one yet...

Need one from every fighter squadron at least... Maybe from every unit the Spey Phantom's ever served with one day...

I'm thinking RAF Phantom as well though the MiG-27 'Flogger' has priority even if I haven't started it yet (my Airfix 1/48th Meteor F.8 is around 2/3rds done now) and August is a *long* time away - isn't it?

This kit has been sitting in the stash for a while now, problem is that a lot of parts are missing and I was going to break it up for spares but then again it seems senseless not to try to build it especially as the Hasegawa Spey Phantoms are getting quite sought after these days. She would look good in RAFG 92 Squadron markings and I also have a soft spot for 228 OCU with the blue scarab beetle though can't remember if that is eligible for this GB. So what's missing? As follows:

Complete cockpit and seats, stabilators, 1 x main undercarriage leg, all undercarriage doors, and air brakes.

However I do have many parts from a broken up Revell F-4C/D, an Italeri F-4G as well as the duplicate parts supplied in the new Academy F-4B and F-4C kits so I can probably bodge something up to look reasonable. I did look on the Big H website for a replacement cockpit, True Details do an F-4J cockpit set for £9.99 which would look good if a tad inaccurate but with P&P it comes to £14 ish and I can't really justify that. Maybe I should put a post in the 'Wanted' section of BM?

Anyway, here is the kit:

IMGP1437size_zpsj1wpwk1o.jpg

Michael

• Like 2

Well thats a shame that parts are missing.

I was thinking some Hasegawa boxings had both rear stabiliser types in, but not according to this they dont unfortunately - http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48d.htm

Sounds like you can sort something though and hey, if it looks like an RAF Phantom, its an RAF Phantom.

First dibs on the unused decals!! :) (Just getting in before At Sea) :banghead:

• Like 1

Hmmm. So...

No Phantoms?

No Jaguars?

No Lightnings?

No RAF Tornados?

Yes, because we NEVER see any of those on every single page of Britmodeller usually.
  • Like 1

Yes, because we NEVER see any of those on every single page of Britmodeller usually.

And theres a good reason for us never seeing them.

Take that!

• Like 1

Having 8 Spey Phantoms & a F.6 Lightning in the stash I am probably ok for the moment...

Having said that the sooner Revell release the ADV version of thier Tornado kit in 1/48 the better. I know its coming because the internal bulkheads are notched to take recessed SkyFlash missiles in the belly...

New kit for me due a few other Mig-21PF's are underway. It will be the Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1 done in French colours. Need an easy build and this one should be. Plan on only adding a resin seat and resin exhaust, otherwise OOB with kit decals.

• Like 2