80s NATO Europe vs Warsaw Pact GB Chat

Just to say a fantastic group build, some awesome entries in the gallery. Well done to all who took part.

A great big thank you to our hosts.

All the best Chris

Couldn't agree more.

A fantastic GB with some wonderful builds covering a great variety of subjects.

Hopefully we will get to do something very similar next year if the 1970's version gets voted for enough.

• Like 3

My life being the way it is, you'll all have to miss out on the wonder that is my F-16. That is, I wonder if it's worth finishing.

Grats to thems as managed to make it over the line, great work and well done all. Thanks to the mods for popping in from time to time and lending an encouaging word.

See you all on the next one.

• Like 1

Just to say a fantastic group build, some awesome entries in the gallery. Well done to all who took part.

A great big thank you to our hosts.

All the best Chris

Couldn't agree more.

A fantastic GB with some wonderful builds covering a great variety of subjects.

Hopefully we will get to do something very similar next year if the 1970's version gets voted for enough.

Ditto.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ditto as many comments above, a great GB idea, very well hosted, lots of help when needed, and some superb completed builds.

As usual I didn't complete anything, I know I am a 'butterfly' modeller with at least six kits in progress at any one time and, to be honest, it was also unfortunate that Airfix released the 1/48th Meteor F.8 when they did. However I now have a MiG-27 and a Phantom FGR.2 in the active queue and they will be completed one day.

This has been one of the most inspirational GB's for me for a long time and I look forward to the 1970's version if it comes off.

Michael

• Like 3

I agree this was a great GB and the quality and variety of builds in the gallery proves it.

As usual, I started my entry late (a Harrier GR.3), was building it in parallel with my entry to the Ju 88 STGB, and didn't finish any of the two in time but interest and support of fellow modellers was fantastic. I'm looking forward to the 70's version of this GB.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

Glad to hear you've all enjoyed this GB and are keen for the 70s edition, know I certainly have and am looking forward to getting stuck into the next chapter ;) will get the poll set up now so we can somehow try to pick a favourite from them all.

• Like 6

Ive more than likely missed it, but is there a poll set up for this?

Not yet :oops:

That's my job this weekend as work has been a bit manic lately and I'm hoping to take Sunday off.

• Like 1

Right gang, that's the poll up and ready for your votes. Two sections with one vote each please, one for Warsaw Pact subjects, one for NATO subjects, pick a favourite from each :)

• Like 2

Right gang, that's the poll up and ready for your votes. Two sections with one vote each please, one for Warsaw Pact subjects, one for NATO subjects, pick a favourite from each :)

Okay... fair enough... my question now is - how on erf are we expected to choose?

I mean, have ya seen the quality of these builds?!? :frantic:

Okay... fair enough... my question now is - how on erf are we expected to choose?

I have no idea. Seriously, looked over the gallery several times, can't for the life of me pick out any less than 10 favourites :blink:

• Like 3

Talk about Mission Impossible!!

Amazing selection of builds, I was really impressed by the armour, but went for an aircraft in both sections. Rich and David :wub: amazing work guys.

• Like 2