80s NATO Europe vs Warsaw Pact GB Chat

Duly added to the list! Any ideas about what you might build if this gets voted in as a GB?

Not 100% just yet, I have a Lightning, Mig 27 and Saab Draken in the stash, but it might be something completely different though, any suggestions ? I wouldn't mind doing an alpha jet to be honest.

What about Jags from Bruggen? CF-104s from Baden? Mirage 5s from..was it Bierset? F-4Es from Keflavik (later replaced by F-15s), Nimrods from Kinloss, RAF Tornados from Laarbruch or Marineflieger Tornados from Schleswig or Eggebeck, RP.35 Drakens from Kastrup, East German MiG-23s from Neubrandenburg, A-10s from Ahlhorn and Nörvenich, NF-5As from Twenthe or Eindhoven...and, heaven, if somebody is after something 'very unusual': keep in mind Greeks were still flying RF-84s at that time...

...and the situation with ground and naval forces was anything but 'different'.

Considering I started the thread, I havent seriously thought about what I would build if it gets voted in. Have surveyed the stash, and it would either be a Hasegawa F-111F or EF-111A, or a hasegawa F-15C in CR or BT codes. Both emblematic aircraft of my late childhood and teens.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have a Mig 25 and a E E Lightning in my stash that would fit the criteria of this build, really looking forward to it as I don't often build jets.

• 3 months later...

Have just acquired a couple of OEZ 1/48th Su-7's, which might just suit this GB!

They were coming to the end of their lives but Czechoslovakia the Soviet's were still operating them....and they're just awesome looking beasts!

If not this then the the beast on steroids will come out, Su-17M4, probably in Soviet colour scheme to go along side the Su-17M3 I built a little while ago.

Oh an both options will be packed with aftermarket stuff as well!

I'm getting all excited and the GB hasn't even been voted for yet!

• Like 1

Mish, here's the list as far as I can tell

1) PaulR (Co host)

2) Lex77

3) Andy C

4) Milktrip

5) Procopius

6) Whitestar12chris

7) Peter Marshall

8) Marlin

9) Bootneck

10) PaulJ

11) hgbn

12) Caerbannog

13) Cookerbacher

14) Jabba

15) Vingtor

16) Buffoon

17) CliffB

18) Vipplelt68

19) Sleeperservice

20) Shermaniac

21)Tomoshenko

22) Heloman1

23) Modellingminion

24) Shaun

25) DaveJL

26) Wellzy

27) Trickyrich (Co host)

28) Rich F

29) charlie_c67

30) fatfingers

31) Rich G

32) AjD

33) Kallisti

34) Ghostbase

35) Dazzio

36) Richard G

37) Paolo6691

38) Hans Reggelsen

39) Ronan71

40) T7 Models

41) Roland Pulfrew

42) SAU

43) kpc7676

44) Max Headroom

45) Hockeyboy 76

46) Blitz23

47) Tom Cooper

48) badger

49) Col (Co host)

50) There is no 50 yet :winkgrin: There is now! Tim Mott

Edited by SleeperService
Co hosts added
  • Like 1

Count me in as a co-host if it helps the cause Rich.

Arrr ok I'll step up as host if nobody wants too!

This would be an awesome GB...I mean just look at the list of louts...opps I mean members interested!

Hallo chaps, haven't been on for a couple of weeks due to work. As OP, was presuming on acting as host and would very much like to work in with Trickyrich and Col! Also thanks to Sleeperservice for doing the count up. Count of 50- wow!

Cheers, Paul

Edited by PaulR
  • Like 1

Thanks guys three co hosts is good for what looks like a very popular GB, thanks to Sleeper Service for the list which now has the co hosts added.

Voting in November BTW the * at the start of the Title is so I know the subject meets the criteria for the vote

Edited by Mish
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Will a USAF EF-111A Spark Vark based in upper Heyford in 1983 in US markings qualify for this GB?

would be my excuse to build a HB kit in 1/48 scale, if it does, you got number 51