80s NATO Europe vs Warsaw Pact GB Chat

When: 16th April 2016 to 14th August 2016

Hosts: PaulR, TrickyRich and Col.

Evening all,
Have been perusing alot of enthusiast forums with lots of shots of the heydays of Mildenhall airshow, and have been reminded of all the variety of aircraft types and schemes to be seen at that time. Just a pity we lived under the threat of imminent nuclear armageddon! Mind you there were some compensations...BT and CR coded F-15Cs, LN/UH F-111s, A-10s, Spang F-4s, late Lightnings, aggressor F-5s, Honington Tornadoes, early Mig29s (not that you have seen them at Mildenhall at that time!), European F-5As, Starfighters... well, you get the idea! Plus, there was all the music... possible idea for a group build?
Paul

Edited by Mish
  • Like 6

Hi Paul would this group build be limited to aircraft only? Got lots of submarines from this period.

If open to other craft count me in.

All the best Chris

Hallo Chris, hadn't actually considered this, but why not? Could do tanks as well; it would simply have to be something from that specific time period and theatre.

Paul

• Like 1

Sounds like an inclusive idea, not sure about the music though ;) Would we be limiting this to European and I take just the time period covered would be the 80's?

Just trying to cover the questions before we get too carried away. :)

Hallo Mish,

Yup, am thinking anything based in Europe specifically during the 80s.

Paul

Presumably a Westmand Scout would be OK? If so, I'd be pleased to sign up.

Cliff

Sounds fine! P

If I can do a RAF Harrier in winter camouflage or something RNoAF (or possibly both), I'm in.

Nils

As a RNoAF enthusiast myself, I think yes! Paul

I read Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising at least once a year. Wouldn't that be a good theme for this Group Build: If it's mentioned in the book it's allowed. That would mean awful lot of stuff at sea, air and land. Just a suggestion 😊. V-P

• Like 3

I read Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising at least once a year. Wouldn't that be a good theme for this Group Build: If it's mentioned in the book it's allowed. That would mean awful lot of stuff at sea, air and land. Just a suggestion . V-P

Including several never-weres! I particularly remember the ZSU-23-6 gatling gun mentioned.

• Like 1