Hawker Hunter flaps

Shaun

Nice lot there Shaun!

Got a of couple Hunter projects in the stash - picked up a F1/4 conversion recently for the Academy kit, may be next up after i've finished the Harrier GR5 with your nose conversion which is coming along nicely!!

cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Up is normal but the photo on the Aeroguide cover you posted shows them dropped (probably deliberately for the walk-around session).

I think they add character deployed. Depends on the detail.

Beware that many T.7s didn't gave the flap cut-outs for the bigger drop tanks a la FGA.9.

Looks like a nice collection of parts.

Tony

Beware that many T.7s didn't gave the flap cut-outs for the bigger drop tanks a la FGA.9.

Looks like a nice collection of parts.

Tony

Check my proposed airframe and its got full flaps, but the Italeri kits come with both types.

On the subject of two seaters, could the TWU jets carry SNEB or CBLS stores on the outer pylons?

Shaun.

I can't recall ever seeing any British T birds with the outer pylons fitted.

Duncan B

T8Ms carried tanks on the outer pylons, and occasionally Sidewinder aquisition rounds

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/9/2/5/0752529.jpg

They could occasionally be seen on others e.g T7 in germany as Buccaneer Trainer

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Hawker-Hunter-T7/1872447/L/&sid=e2c6815d47ad3e9c441c7eb7e2d40d32

RN T8

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1155053/

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

I can't recall ever seeing any British T birds with the outer pylons fitted.

Duncan B

Mate of mine who was a Sumpy on 237 OCU told me that they never fitted the big tanks on the T.7 as it caused more drag than two small tanks, that said I can't recall ever seeing a T-Bird with four tanks fitted.

Mate of mine who was a Sumpy on 237 OCU told me that they never fitted the big tanks on the T.7 as it caused more drag than two small tanks, that said I can't recall ever seeing a T-Bird with four tanks fitted.

Wrap around camo 237OCU Hunter-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Hawker_Hunter_T7,_UK_-_Air_Force_AN1131261.jpg

Mike McEvoy said that the same fining system was in force during his time on the Hunters; taxi in with them down, and it cost a round od drinks, so dropped flaps were a rarity.

One other small detail he also pointed out; the airbrake could not be deployed with the u/c down, so any parked aircraft, with the brake down, is either undergoing maintenance, or has a hydraulics problem.

• Like 1

Who does the F1/F4 conversion?

Duncan B

Duncan, I picked up an Airwaves conversion on ebay recently, I think its OOP, includes tailpipe and replacement wing parts for the dogtooth. I think theres some differences on the vents on the rear fuselage as well so will have to have a look at that!

cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Hunter T7's often joined the single seaters on overseas deployments. As they couldn't carry the larger 230 Gallon tanks, 4x 100 gallon tanks would have been very useful. There are plenty of photo's on the Gutersloh Spotters Site, and Radfan Hunters site showing this. RPs were also carried on two seaters during their Aden deployments, apparently due to low serviceability of the FGA9. I can't recall seeing photo's of TWU T7's with CBLS or Rocket Pods, nor those with 45sqn or 58sqn, but I wouldn't bet against it...

Hunter T7's often joined the single seaters on overseas deployments. As they couldn't carry the larger 230 Gallon tanks, 4x 100 gallon tanks would have been very useful. There are plenty of photo's on the Gutersloh Spotters Site, and Radfan Hunters site showing this. RPs were also carried on two seaters during their Aden deployments, apparently due to low serviceability of the FGA9. I can't recall seeing photo's of TWU T7's with CBLS or Rocket Pods, nor those with 45sqn or 58sqn, but I wouldn't bet against it...

45 and 58's T-Biirds seemed to be permanently fitted with four tanks whilst I was at Wittering Bill and the only time I saw a T.7 with anything else apart from tanks or empty pylons was at Lossiemouth in '79 and even then it was the old style CBLS :-

Ph2lBoG.jpg

HTH

Dennis

• Like 1

One other small detail he also pointed out; the airbrake could not be deployed with the u/c down, so any parked aircraft, with the brake down, is either undergoing maintenance, or has a hydraulics problem.

It did drop very slightly when parked, but only as far as the lock. e.g

Hawker_Hunter_FR.10_XE626_9_229_OCU_CHIV

1101803M.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1