Thunderbolt Mk II, `Jungle Queen`

Hi Everyone,

Just finished and photographed my latest effort; my attempt at a RAF Thunderbolt to go with my other CBI builds.

cTi9gYt.jpg

Done from Italeris reboxing of the Academy P-47D 1/48 kit

dwLen3P.jpg

Completed as an aircraft of 134 Squadron, based at Ratnap, Burma

Cw7Rp4u.jpg

Done from the box apart from usual wire embellishments and seat belts except for the decals which were from...

ip7qVia.jpg

Xdradecal X48115 sheet

s5Ayogb.jpg

Reshaped the prop to more represent Curtiss symmetrical type and modified the kit bombs to represent ( loosely ) box finned items

mwtaPFy.jpg

Hope you enjoy, Thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 38

Hi

Excellent stuff Russ, I really enjoy looking at your builds, love your painting style.

Do you exhibit at any of the model shows would like you get a good at the real thing look in person.

Peter

Thanks Peter, No I don`t get to exhibit them anywhere, Shifts and Family commitments and all that, never know though, one day?

Very well made. The panel detail is excellent. I like the writing on the bomb. Very well done Russ.

• Like 1

Currently building the 1/72 Academy one for a GB on UAMF, doing it OOB but now that I know this scheme is available from the big H in my scale, I'll be up for another one. I like what you've done with this Russ, but then again, I like what you do with all of your builds. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Looks great, great builds, paint and weathering, I love the Thunderbolt in SEAC markings, Hacker, for 1/32 scale SEAC P-47's Freightdog and FCM used to decals I used them on my projects.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Another splendid presentation from Russ.Excellent Thunderbolt and a rather hard working one.The dirt and faded camo technique are first rate.Always enjoy myself looking at your models.Great work!

Agree with that. Have explained your technique on one of your earlier threads Russ?

• Like 1

Agree with that. Have explained your technique on one of your earlier threads Russ?

Cheers Fritag, re; Technique, Yeah I did describe my method on my Firefly post some time back, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944969-fairey-firefly-f1-schofields-australia-1945/?hl=firefly. Hope that works, thanks for your interest and for looking.

Thanks all for looking and kind comments

Ooooo l like! 1/32 scale decals of this?

I did a quick search at Hannants,Nope Xtradecal did not do this one in the larger scale nor is there any SEAC P-47 schemes there l can find....dam!

Edited by hacker