1/24 Felixstowe and 1/12 spitfire, more mad stuff added

How...?

I make my own simple patterns out of balsa wood and vacform them, ive got loads on the go and plans to do others, get bored sometimes just building kits and basically make a pattern and work on a scratchbuild alongside a kit build, i also have an almost finished 1/24 f35 vtol version and a 1/16 fe2b

• Like 2

ok posted for markjames68....yes that is a half scale flying rc spitfire..1/32nd zwilling both the 1/32nd revell kit with scratch build wing detail...more of the 1/18th hornet fuselage....and a 1/24th fully scratchbuilt f35

Enjoy

IMG_0282_zps40a2002b.jpgDSC_0298_zpse43eae7d.jpgDSC_0299_zpsb03cc427.jpgDSC_0293_zpsc78b57f1.jpg

• Like 8

And what, pray, is the Russian whose tail we can see cheekily peeking at us from the corner of the F35 shot? Is that a scratch built Frogfoot...? In 1/24...?

Hat duly doffed!

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU

The russian is actually the 1/32 trumpy frogfoot, its not actually as big as it might look, my sons f15 and flanker dwarf it!

Spit is very much a composite of materials, ply, balsa, fibreglass, aluminium, made from Montfortons book, a gem of a publication, closest thing i have to a bible

The russian is actually the 1/32 trumpy frogfoot, its not actually as big as it might look, my sons f15 and flanker dwarf it!

Spit is very much a composite of materials, ply, balsa, fibreglass, aluminium, made from Montfortons book, a gem of a publication, closest thing i have to a bible

That is amazing! I all seriousness, have you thought of doing a 1:1 mockup? Believe me, if I had the skills and the money, I'd do a full-scale (and accurate) mockup of an Il-2. How long did the Spitfire take - is it finished? Sometimes I have dreams about going to hobby shops where they have all sorts of wonders like 1/24th scale Tu-95 Bears and 1:2 scale aircraft, like your Spitfire - it looks like you've turned this impossible dream into a reality!

Regards,

Jason