1/72 Revell Junkers Ju 87 G/D Stuka Tank Buster

Hello All

This is my first RFI so don't be too nice. I won't learn if my mistakes aren't pointed out.

The WIP is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973040-172-revell-junkers-ju-87-gd-stuka-tank-buster/

I drilled out the barrels on the main guns, replaced the kit supplied rear seat gunner gun with an Aires MG 17, added navigation lights, a landing light and attempted to weather the plane.

The canopy was a pig to mask as the framing was only partially there and it doesn't fit very well.

I did have a lot of fun building it and wished I had taken a little more interest in the plane. There was plenty of filling and sanding to do.

My son bought it for my birthday as a joke as he know I am not quite keen on German aircraft.

rf-6.jpg

rf-4.jpg

rfi-1.jpg

rf-2.jpg

rf-5.jpg

rf-3.jpg

There is also a nice cock-eyed U/C leg and a boarding step. I will get them right one day.

Thanks for looking.

Stephen

Edited by StephenCJ
  • Like 11

Good job on what it looks to be a difficult kit to work with. :goodjob:

Not pointing out mistakes (I don't know this AC myself), just a couple of hints if I may: I like the exhaust fumes you did, you could probably improve them by airbrushing light coats of black (or "dirty" grey) and going over with a selective dry-brush. The second thing is to de-saturate (I'm not sure this the right word in English) the decals color, by airbrushing a very thinned and possibly lightened coat of the base color.

Looking at your WIP I saw you achieved a good result with pre-shading: how about a nice pic from the top of the finished model? B)

Ciao

• Like 1

Giemme always gives excellent and generous advice ^^^^^ :thumbsup:

I love it Stephen...sounds like a tough build but you've turned a duck into a battle weary and very authentic swan!

Enjoy your accomplishment :yahoo:

I got onto your son and told him to get you a cracking He-111 or a smashing Me262...maybe a lovely 109 or 110 ......FW190 anyone? :analintruder:

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 2

Nicely done, CJ; it came out looking great.

I remember trying to build this when I was a kid, but I didn't come near to finishing it before binning it. Some nice interior detail for the period, but I couldn't make anything fit. Needless to say, I've got another in the stash . . .

regards,

Martin