Modelsvit 1/72 Il-86

Pin

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible news!

Their 1/72 Be-12 is 100% injected plastic and has an extremely high quality feeling to it.

I was slightly disappointed with their An-124, lots of the recessed panel lines were clogged by resin/gelcoat dirt (the molds were probably dirty) and scribing these again are a PITA.

I can only hope the Ilyushin IL-86 turns out like the Be-12, 100% injected. I was about to order the HPH 1/48 Concorde but, sorry, the IL-86 always was a passion to me so Hobbyterra here I come ;-).

Is there a price available yet? I went to the link above, and unless I'm blind as well as stupid I couldn't see any costing.

Tom

I did see a price for around $180 I'm sure on a Russian site..., but I bet you can double that if buying from anyone in the UK.

Incredible news!

Their 1/72 Be-12 is 100% injected plastic and has an extremely high quality feeling to it.

I was slightly disappointed with their An-124, lots of the recessed panel lines were clogged by resin/gelcoat dirt (the molds were probably dirty) and scribing these again are a PITA.

I can only hope the Ilyushin IL-86 turns out like the Be-12, 100% injected. I was about to order the HPH 1/48 Concorde but, sorry, the IL-86 always was a passion to me so Hobbyterra here I come ;-).

I would imagine something so big would be like their other large kits, fibreglass body etc..

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 1

That's what I saw and I thought it was £180 actually but I'm wrong, works out at £200. Ignore me! :)

I'd better get saving then...

• Like 1

That's what I saw and I thought it was £180 actually but I'm wrong, works out at £200. Ignore me! :)

Ok, I won't be building a fleet of them but, sofar, I still think it's reasonable. After all it's basically the same price as Amodel's IL-76 or An-22 when they were released, and I would guess they were more difficult to build than this IL-86 (just a guess, but I think that technology would have improved since then, better molded plastic parts, cleaner fibreglass large assemblies, etc).