1/72 - Mil Mi-8 AMTSh/Mi-17V-5 "Hip-H" resin conversion set by NeOmega - released

Homebee

NeOmega is to release a 1/72nd Mil Mi-8 AMTSh/Mi-17V-5 "Hip-H" resin conversion set for the Hobby Boss (ref.87208) or Zvezda (ref.7230) Mi-8/Mi-17 kits - ref?.

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/news/8542-konversija-mi-8amtsh-v-masshtabe-1-72-ot-neomegi.html

1424109323_X002DSC02017.jpg

1424109326_X003DSC02016.jpg

1424109320_X001DSC02014.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

That's interesting - but confusing.

The Mi-8AMTSh is an Ulan-Ude built Mi-8, whereas the Mi-8MTV5/Mi-17V5 is a Kazan-built machine - and they are very different.

It looks from the photos that it is a Kazan example - which is a bummer for me as I have already a home-made conversion....

Mi-8%20072.jpg

I would have preferred the visualy different Ulan-Ude machine to go with it.

Still, its a great (if a bit tardy) move by NeOmega - I wonder if they can be persuaded to do a Mi-14 conversion ??

Ken

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I think you might be disappointed Radders..... I suspect the text hasn't been translated properly - and the Cyrillic letter B should be a Latin V

So - it's a Mi-17V5 - the export version of the Mi-8AMTSh - with round windows.

The small coloured artwork shows a square-windowed fuselage - but the resin kit has round windows.

Also, disappointingly, the new resin fuselage lacks the lower window in the solid nose - it is mostly hidden by the armour-plate - but it is missing.

Mi-8AMTSh...

day2_013.JPG

Mi-17V5 (export version of the same machine...with extra fuel tanks)...... Note the yellow vibration dampers - something that NeOmega might consider selling separately from their Mi-14 kit ??

day2_035.JPG

Mi-17V5 passenger version with square windows.....

day03_015.jpg

It's all very confusing.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

That's interesting - but confusing.

The Mi-8AMTSh is an Ulan-Ude built Mi-8, whereas the Mi-8MTV5/Mi-17V5 is a Kazan-built machine - and they are very different.

It looks from the photos that it is a Kazan example <clip>

I would have preferred the visualy different Ulan-Ude machine to go with it.

Still, its a great (if a bit tardy) move by NeOmega - I wonder if they can be persuaded to do a Mi-14 conversion ??

Hi Ken,

What are the differences between the different manufacturers and which version was delivered to China?

Cheers,

AaCee

Edited by AaCee26

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

What are the differences between the different manufacturers and which version was delivered to China?

Cheers,

AaCee

The short answer.......

Kazan builds the Mi-8MTV5 - and its export version, the Mi-17V5 - it can be distinguished by a rounded 'dolphin' nose, a double sliding door to port and a single sliding door to starboard - and a square-section cabin heater mounted above the stbd door.

Ulan-Ude builds the Mi-8AMTSh - and its export version which they call the Mi-171 - it features a sharper 'beaky' nose, a single door to port, with a double door to stb - and a rounded-section heater.

The ramps are different - the Kazan Mi-8MTV5 has curved sides, the Ulan-Ude has straight sides...

My photo os a Mi-8MTV5......

differences_01.jpg

My photo of a Mi-8AMTSh....

differences_02.jpg

There's a whole thread over on ARC talking about Hips - if you have the time and inclination.....

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=181255&st=0

Happy Hipping

Ken

PS - I think China has both - a study of photos with the above features should tell you.

• Like 3

I never knew that Ken, never studied them to be honest, I just love what they are... Useful to know though! Not sure if it's because of the type but they also have different flare dispensers.

• 1 month later...

The short answer.......

Kazan builds the Mi-8MTV5 - and its export version, the Mi-17V5 - it can be distinguished by a rounded 'dolphin' nose, a double sliding door to port and a single sliding door to starboard - and a square-section cabin heater mounted above the stbd door.

Ulan-Ude builds the Mi-8AMTSh - and its export version which they call the Mi-171 - it features a sharper 'beaky' nose, a single door to port, with a double door to stb - and a rounded-section heater.

The ramps are different - the Kazan Mi-8MTV5 has curved sides, the Ulan-Ude has straight sides...

My photo os a Mi-8MTV5......

differences_01.jpg

My photo of a Mi-8AMTSh....

differences_02.jpg

There's a whole thread over on ARC talking about Hips - if you have the time and inclination.....

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=181255&st=0

Happy Hipping

Ken

PS - I think China has both - a study of photos with the above features should tell you.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your excellent answer to my question and apologies not to thank you earlier!

Yes, China has the both versions.

Cheers,

AaCee

I'd love see either of the "pointy nose" Hip versions done in plastic. :pray:

The Mi-8 as always been my favourite Soviet/Russian helicopter ever since I saw the big fold out of an Angolan one in the 1980's Orbis "Warplane" magazine collection when I was little!

Who knows, maybe a future project for Zvezda? :hmmm:

Mike. :)

• 3 months later...