Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII 79 Sqn RAAF in 1/48

Heyhey All,

Hot off the bench is my Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.VIII. Representing a 79 Sqn Royal Australian Air Force aircraft operating out of Morotai, Indonesia in 1945. T'was a fun build although seemed to be more of a fight than I expected. The detailed moulding is wonderful, although i did find quite a few fitting issues and there's not a small amount of filler in there (especially where the lower wing meets the fuselage underside). I tore a couple of the decals too, but that was just me being careless. Paints are a mix of Testors for the main scheme, humbrol for cockpit interior (and sundries) and alclad for various metal bits.

Arf! I hope you like it and sorry for the low quality pics. I really need to get a better camera.

~M~

IMG_3839_zpsecf0b7e3.jpg
IMG_3832_zps5ce7bec2.jpg

IMG_3833_zpsb8c90535.jpg

IMG_3835_zpsb64c985b.jpg

IMG_3836_zpsb1b6b81c.jpg

IMG_3837_zpsbf805235.jpg

IMG_3838_zpsbd36c531.jpg

IMG_3787_zpsac72472e.jpg

• Like 18

Yayy! Cheers everyone :)

Yes, i'm keenly awaiting the Eduard kit! (as though the stash wasn't big enough)

Muahahha and Sincerely,

~M~

Beautiful Spitfire, RAAF schemes look really nice. Well done, great detail work and weathering.

Currently i am fighting to get a Mk.VIII finished, run into heavy problems with the decals, i hope i win this and can post my grey nurse soon :-)

• Like 1

Many Thanks chaps!

I've just started a 1/72 airfix spitfire i was given at xmas. I'm clearly in a bit of a Spitfire phase :)

~M~

Thank you! I've been enjoying Commonwealth Service builds recently. :D

Beautiful Spitfire, RAAF schemes look really nice. Well done, great detail work and weathering.

Currently i am fighting to get a Mk.VIII finished, run into heavy problems with the decals, i hope i win this and can post my grey nurse soon :-)

I'm looking forward to your grey nurse! Did you get your decal problems fixed? I have some spares from my decal sheet if you need them... roundels, etc.

Edited by Muppet

Thank guys!

I am just finishing my Hase Mk VIII in 457 Sqdn markings. Isnt it just bleeding typical that Eduard come along and release a brand new one.

Arf, yes. Very typical. It was only a few months ago that I saw some Dan Air London decals for a DC-3. I promptly bought them and made up an Italeri kit (I love classic civil airliners). Then, only once i'd finished, did i find out that Airfix make one with new tools and decals. Typical indeed!