Airfix Defiant

A much under sung aircraft, for a short period the bolton paul defiant flew daytime ops but it just couldn't compete with the ME109 and got hammered, but the guys still took it up until it was moved to nigh time operations... Please to see it as a kit and you have certainly done it justice

You`ve done a lovely job and made a boring black scheme very interesing,...top job!

I`m building an old Special Hobby Defiant kit using the same Airfix decals but I`ve had a go at painting over the codes with Medium Sea Grey as I`m not sure about the codes being red when compared to the red serial after looking at a photo of the real thing. I may well be wrong but I`ve gone with my gut feeling. There is nothing to say that they were not red later on mind you.

Top job,

Cheers

Tony

You`ve done a lovely job and made a boring black scheme very interesing,...top job!

I`m building an old Special Hobby Defiant kit using the same Airfix decals but I`ve had a go at painting over the codes with Medium Sea Grey as I`m not sure about the codes being red when compared to the red serial after looking at a photo of the real thing. I may well be wrong but I`ve gone with my gut feeling. There is nothing to say that they were not red later on mind you.

Top job,

Cheers

Tony

According to Airfix Magazine Guide RAF Camouflage of Word War 2, Michael Bower "code letters changed to dull red" in the autumn of 1941, while serial numbers as early as April 1941

• 2 weeks later...