Diorama Sets, Leaves and Netting. 1:35

Shar2

Diorama Sets, Leaves and Netting

ET Models 1:35

packs.jpg

Normally associated with brass etched sets for armoured kits ET Models have now released four sets of what can only be described as diorama material. Three of the sets provide different leaves, Type 1 look like a large Fern fronds, Type 2 are fan like Palm fronds and Type 3 look like Oak leaves. Now whilst the Fern and Palm fronds are individual items, the Oak leaves are on lengths of wire, as well as having individual leaves. Each set has two identical sheets and when folded to shape and painted up could be quite effective whether using them as part of a tree or wrapped in camouflage netting, which is where the last set comes into play. Containing one large sheet of netting this set is to be used in conjunction with the leaves to provide camouflage for European or Pacific dioramas. Alternatively the Palm and Fern fronds could be used to make up all sorts of things, such as a hut roof or bedding mat to name just two.

Netting J35-009

netting.jpg

Type 1 J35-010

type1.jpg

Type2 J35-011

type2.jpg

Type 3 J35-012

type3.jpg

Conclusion
I’ve not had a chance to look at sets like these before and whilst initially I wasn’t convinced of their usefulness, I can now see how they can be incorporated into a diorama with or without the netting. Some careful detail painting will be required, but the possibilities are really only restricted by the modellers imagination. Recommended.

Review Sample courtesy of
logo.gif

• 10 months later...