Halifax B.VII NP694 - are there decals of this aircraft?

Procopius

Hullo all,

I recently came across the nose art for this Halifax B.VII:

ottawa-we-have-a-problem-11.jpg?w=612

I'd rather like to build a model of this machine, if possible, hopefully using the new Revell kit that's due out this year, as I believe the B.VII had radial engines. Does anyone know if this scheme has ever been replicated on a decal sheet in 1/72? Is it even possible to build a B.VII from a B.III? What are the differences?

I think that the extended wingtips might be included in the kit? I do hope so! Some of the later Halifax variants did not have cooling gills around the entire engine nacelle, leaving a gap without gills at the sides.

Cheers

Tony

You are correct. There aren't a lot of optional transfers available for any Halifax, and that particular one would seem to be not the kind of thing that aftermarket producers go for - no girls, no humour, and not a lot of colour.

Tony's comment on the fixed part of the gills applies to aircraft with the Hercules 100 i.e. Mk.VI and Mk.VIII, but not to the Mk.VII. The kit is broken down in a way that allows for the extended wingtips.

There was a Sky Decals sheet for Halifax's, there was plenty of nose art but NOT the one you're after (I've just looked), the trouble is I don't really know how accurate any of it is - the placement profiles aren't very good.

You are correct. There aren't a lot of optional transfers available for any Halifax, and that particular one would seem to be not the kind of thing that aftermarket producers go for - no girls, no humour, and not a lot of colour.

Plus, I suppose, the difficulty of the swastika. Oh well.