1/700 HMS Holland 5 scratchbuild

This was a really fun project, sculpted and sanded out of modelling putty. Not quite as good as one i saw by Flankerman but i'm pleased how it turned out. Sorry about the picture quality again this one is super small.

Any modelling tips or build ideas would be great, i'm tempted to try and build an R-class at some point.

Alex

Photo0144_zps971c3865.jpg

Photo0143_zpsa4dd7068.jpgPhoto0142_zpsf223e6ca.jpg

• Like 1

That's probably really nice work but impossible to see in those pictures. Can I suggest you move the model a little further from the camera as it seems too close to focus. Then just enlarge the well focused shot and post it here for us all to enjoy!

Cheers,

Roger

Nice little model - if slightly blurred :thumbsup:

I keep meaning to do one in 1:350 scale - just to put alongside my Typhoon to show the vast difference in size!

Ken

Sounds like a great idea, love to see the picture. Just a quick question. How do you get such a smooth high quality finish on your scratchbuilds? Your collection has really inspired me to expand mine further and try more scratchbuilds.

Alex

When scratchbuilding, I try to get as good a finish as I can - a coat of primer to show up any flaws/joins/marks etc.

It is important to try and make sure that the joints are invisible before the final coat.

It doesn't always work of course......... and you can get away with less detail in the smaller scales.

Ken