Charlotte Hazelrink from Princess Lover !

Wolfpack

I really got into this figures last year have a few in the stash now. Whilst building a 1/35 King Tiger, I got really brassed off with the tracks and losing the etched fret, so I decided on some figure therapy.

Refered to by my so-called friends as 'pervy models' I can only asume they are jealous of my burgeoning skills as a figure modeller. Besides, they're big enough for me to see and that really helps.

Charlotte Hazelrink

One of the four main heroines of the series, Charlotte is the princess of the fictional Hazelrink Principality. She and Teppei first meet when he saves her from some thugs. She likes to tease Teppei and has a cheery nature.

Aside from this, she is in love with Teppei and, in the anime, even asks Teppei to not forget about her. She also has very big breasts which attract Teppei's attention. She is a childhood friend of Sylvie van Hossen and is a little jealous of Sylvie because she, Sylvie, has been named as Teppei's fiancée. She has a butler who is very protective of her and who will often go to great lengths to protect her. She also has a fiancée in the anime; despite this she does not want to give up on Teppei. (from wikipedea)

She is another manga / anime figure from E2046. I decided on buying this one because of the display possibilities, of which more anon.

As with all (at least the ones I have) E2046 figures, the instructions are a combination of poor photocopied instructions and Chinese language, both of which are not a lot of help, especially when it come to small parts or the multitude of hair pieces to add. This is E2046s photo of the pieces.

PARTS_zpsdaxlp4iv.jpg

this is the lady in question.

CH.1_zpslc8vxebf.jpg

I've had a little test fit of some of the parts and they seem to be one of E2046s better fitting figures. After removing the pour stubs, I fitted the three main pieces together. One major non-fit area, was the over the shoulder strap of her dress. The parts need aligning. See 1 and 1a below.

1_zpsc8ta6mfp.jpg1

1a_zpsbl2k82av.jpg

1a

After a dip in hot water and a couple of gentle bends, this was the result.

2_zpsjnaby1m9.jpg

2a_zpscuv9uiwg.jpg

2a

The leg pieces fit perfectly so no need for major filler work there.

Overall, this is a well cast figure, lots of very good detail, the necklace being a case in point and not many parts. For someone who wants to start in this area of the hobby and can paint smalll details, this would be an ideal first kit.

More progress reports as and when.

W

• Like 3

Some test fitting and mods.

Much of the inside of the front half of the dress has to be sanded to achieve a fit over her bust, This done, the fit is quite good.

Holes were drilled in on side to take the pins which will help the outer piece stay put. this also covers the seam on her left side.

The right hand seam now need some work and modification to get a good fit.

3_zpsb9vhhmqs.jpg

4_zpssrfo7grk.jpg

After drilling holes for the support rods in her feet, I use that block of balsa to stand the figure on whilst working on it.

W

• Like 2

Tis figure, is one of E2046's figures with more than one level of detail. To display both options, a method of making the dress removable was needed. Thanks to YouTube and Leona's workshop https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyNSzxu5sAsNTi8qfr1j0uQ a method was found.

This simply involves fitting the removable parts with..................magnets..!

Obtainable from evilbay at reasonable cost, these are fitted to both halves of the piece to be removed.

6_zpsvlotj96l.jpg

This is the effect they have.

5_zps0mweujn1.jpg

Small gaps I can live with for the added versatility it gives to my display.

W

• Like 2

Quite a well endowed lady...

And those magnets are really a great idea I'm sure I could also find some use on airplane kits...

I've also used them to hold Ignis' sword and 1/144 aircraft on clear rod for me wargames stuff. Very handy indeed. Oh yes, holding my wargames armour etc in the storage boxes using magnetic tape and magnets.

For some reason, the far eastern figure designers seem to think all women have 45DDD bust sizes.! Inori seems to be the only 'flat chested' figure I have. Hmmmm....http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975975-inori-yuzuriha-guilty-crown/

W

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Like 1

Look for one with as few parts as possible to start off with, as I said, the instructions are absolutely rubbish. Once you get the swing of it, you'll never look back.

I bought my eldest lad one for Xmas. he never dreamed that the world revolved around sanding and filling..............

W

• Like 1

Today, I have been mainly finding problems.!

When her hair is on, I can't get the rear of her dress on. The problem revolves around the two shoulder straps. One will go, but not the other. After all that work............... :shit:

Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet, fix her hair in place and go from there. So, here's where she's got to so far.

13_zpsgbp700n4.jpg

9_zpsbnrraeri.jpg

10_zps6pzcjyse.jpg

11_zpscvpcjyn1.jpg

12_zps3odr4mhv.jpg

The arms are only placed on as yet. Why do all these anime babes have pink hair..?????

W

• Like 3

Hi Wolfpack,

I find these figures to be totally captivating and I do like your friends term of 'Pervy Models'!

A great friend of mine's into the goth scene and I reckon a combination of these kits, with some gothic influence, would make for a fabulous subject matter! All I'd need to do it to get her to select a kit that would she would like to re-create in full scale, then do a side by side photo-shoot! Hmmm I may be onto something here!

Anyway keep up the good work.

Regards

Reggie

Charlotte's finished. I found a way round the dress strap problem and although there are obvious gaps in her clothing, I can live with that due to the added versatility of displaying her in various states.

I also found that by mixing a drop or two of brass into the gold, a deeper 'old gold' finish resulted. I also painted the sash a deeper, more royal red.

More pickies in the RFI section. Here's a taster.

23_zps0rsjnvl1.jpg

Now, who's next.?

w

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

W,

she looks very well done and her flesh tone is spot on I think.

PRISTINE work ... and methodical too.

AWESOME...Bravo on completing a model that had given you a little problem but you solved that shoulder strap etc nicely.

GOOD work indeed. :wow::mike:

another anime figure then ?

For those chasing resin anime figures, E2406 is a poor choice - much better is GK Model, who have an eBay presence as well as a web site. Also, look up Leona's Workshop on YouTube and Farcebook too.

Nice work there, Wolfpack!

Edited by Rob G

Nice work there wolfpack! Good idea with the magnets too! I do like your friends term for these models... altho to be fair, I've read that there is a hentai of this coming out... so not really that far off. This figure really reminds me of the Mizuho one I have from Onegai Teacher where for some weird reason you can take her skirt off (oh she has red hair, not pink :P). I dunno... I got a Gundam from E2046 to make, the instructions are useless it will be fun to make that one.

Really well done with her, very impressive. I would take my hat off, but I'm not wearing one ;)

Kind Regards

Dazz

• 2 months later...