New Lufthansa 747-8 retro look

A6-EHJ

I see for the 60th anniversary Lufthansa are painting a brand new 748 in the same liverly as the first jumbo in their fleet, can anybody find more out about this please

Yep.... I think you are totally right... but nothing will stop us from doing it !

Absolutely ;-) !

You meant like that ? http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00014130.jpg

Looks so majestic, so bossy ! There's no way you could make an A380 look that classy or desirable, & that comes from an A380 fan (I love the sound of its either RR or GE engines, the comfortable & stable platform, & of course the extra space).

• Like 1

You can't have a bare metal bottom due to production techniques and materials.

All the Airbuses in this older livery were light grey and it made the livery boring compared to the then Boeings which still had natural metal bottoms and looked smart.

Edited by garryrussell

Absolutely ;-) !

You meant like that ? http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00014130.jpg

Looks so majestic, so bossy ! There's no way you could make an A380 look that classy or desirable, & that comes from an A380 fan (I love the sound of its either RR or GE engines, the comfortable & stable platform, & of course the extra space).

EXACTLY!!!! :popcorn::thumbsup:

The yellow is a different shade. I dont like the 380 look,reminds me of one of those friction drive kid's toys.

You can't have a bare metal bottom due to production techniques and materials.

All the Airbuses in this older livery were light grey and it made the livery boring compared to the then Boeings which still had natural metal bottoms and looked smart.

I guess it's just a matter of how deep are your pockets. American Airlines's must have been deep enough to convince Airbus to deliver a few A300 in a convincing bare metal look livery.

I'm sure it can be done by Boeing, not long ago I saw a bare metal -8 Intercontinental complete minus VIP arrangement, waiting for her paint coat, looked brillant.

I guess it's just a matter of how deep are your pockets. American Airlines's must have been deep enough to convince Airbus to deliver a few A300 in a convincing bare metal look livery.

I'm sure it can be done by Boeing, not long ago I saw a bare metal -8 Intercontinental complete minus VIP arrangement, waiting for her paint coat, looked brillant.

Yes, it's matter of pockets.... but not to convince the manufacturers... it's for the maintenance costs to handle the unpainted parts to avoid corrosion

Just think of a BA A380 in landor colour scheme

• 3 weeks later...

Re the bare metal...It's not a case of deep pockets. American had special bare metal on The One-eleven and the Airbus but there was lots of metal and on the Airbus the plastic tail was grey.

On the new types there is too much plastic to have the bare metal finish. The cost of maintaining the metal finish along with some nasty chemicals needed, negated any cost savings American had.

Lufthansa had Airbuses in the days of this retro livery and they made no attempt to have them metal bottomed. They were grey and that made the livery boring where as the metal bottoms looked smart

To have a decent metal bottom on the 747 it would need to be foil covered.

I don't like retro liveries as they are never as they were and as such lose so much.