XF5F Skyrocket 1/48 Minicraft

Hi Mark, very nice indeed. This kit is on my plan for this years builds. I have a small etched fret from Eduard which supplies a few enhancements for the cockpit. I also have a build review to hand from a modeling magazine, but do you have any advice to share for this build? I'm guessing he pilot is additional to the kit?

Hi Mark, very nice indeed. This kit is on my plan for this years builds. I have a small etched fret from Eduard which supplies a few enhancements for the cockpit. I also have a build review to hand from a modeling magazine, but do you have any advice to share for this build? I'm guessing he pilot is additional to the kit?

The pilot is from the Revell B-25J kit. The landing struts and nacelles were a little fussy but all and all a good kit. Look forward to seeing yours as you have three build options with the kit.

Mark

Nice work! I have the MPM 1:72 kit, which I have to start soon. I always thought of the XF5F Skyrocket, and its USAAC cousin the XP-50, as the "American Whirlwind." Interesting twin engine layout and lots of potential that went unrealised. Grumman learned enough with these designs to create the beautiful F7F Tigercat.

Someone should search Long Island Sound and find the XP-50 and bring her back up for a proper restoration. One can dream, eh?

Cheers,

Bill