1937 C-65 Farm Crawler @ 24th scale

turtle65

Well I'm not sure if I'll continue with this project for the moment.

It appears I've made few botch-ups with a couple of areas :badmood::crying::suicide: .

I've checked and triple checked all measurements but cannot workout where or how I've messed up :banghead: .

Not being one to shy away from admitting or showing my 'failures' here goes:

the two arms coming off of the track frame are not meant to intersect (and its not a case of just shortening the arms, as that will throw out other dimensions):

019_zps1314d039.jpg

020_zps3067a27b.jpg

Might just pack it away for now, have a rethink once I've calmed down a bit more, then decide is it rebuild or bin time.

Cheers for looking in.

Hi Roger

You cannae leave me in the lurch now with your itchy scratchy !!!!!!!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I know that feeling well when just one measurement can have a knock on so far down the line that trying to find it again is nigh on impossible !!!!!!!!!!!!

With me that is when I apply a fudge factor !!!!!!!!!! And my fudge factor is quite a bit bigger that others, but I suppose unless someone has the one to one beside it don't matter in places !!!!!!!!!!

I seriously hope you find the issue but I know you don't apply any real fudge factor with your builds and you will want to get it exact before it multiplies onwards !!!!!!!!!

Nige

:cheers: Colin and Nige,

Have decided to create some valuable bench real estate and move this to the 'shelf of shame' for the moment.

Nige - wouldn't leave ya to fend for yourself :stupid: , plenty of other smaller fun builds :wicked: laying around that need some TLC. Be prepared for some "oddities" to be crossing my workbench :evil_laugh: .

Ha ha ha ha ha

The resolution of my PC just picked up the "I'm with STUPID" smiley !!!!!!!!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, PMSL !!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not far wrong there !!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened the Scammell 'Blood & Custard' ????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Is that still on the back burner for now ??????

Nige

:bye: Nige,

The Scammell Scarab is still sitting in the "Too Hard" box for now, might be :deadhorse: . Just want to do something with a little less detail and a bit of fun :fool: , so have dragged out my KV-2 Tank caricature and am doing a Panther Tank caricature build:

GBP003_zpswukkslwl.jpg

GBP004_zpsuijuj7q1.jpg

Just a bit of fun and a chance to use 'artistic licence' :yahoo: .

Fantastic, I was dissapointed that you stopped work on the crawler. However, having spent the past five years or so drawing aircraft caricatures, I can inderstand your desire to build the Panther. I love...

Colin

Edited by heloman1