De Havilland DH 60 G Hydro, RYAF 1941, A-Model (conv) 1/72

JWM

Hi

A small break in review of my archive shelves. Today I would like to present my recent work - I've just finished her. This is De Havilland DH 60 G Gipsy Moth, s/n 1189, "Sarajevo" of Royal Yugoslavian Air Forces, 25th Hidroescadrila, based in Kotor Bay in 1941. She was delivered to RYAF in 1929 and as far as I found info - lost in campaign of May 1941. The model was made from A-Model kit of DH 60 G. Added Short floats are scratch build. The exhaust pipe is reshaped (it went deeper toward bottom on side of fuselage), I added rigings (thin styrene sprues), control cables and fuel pipe. I made my own windscreens - I was not able to use properly those provided by producer - they came too slopy.

Serbian company Lift-here was producing decals in 1/72 for this machine in the past, but nowadays I was not able to buy it, they were sold out as I was informed by producent. So national markings are by Lift-here from my drawer, the DH Moth emblem below engine are hand painting, the escadrila emblem are sets of 6 pieces of decals each side, the inscription "Sarajevo" and in South Slavish version of Cyrilic - "Capajebo" and hand writing on decal.

Those who like to do models in 1/48 may find interesting, that (I think Serbian) company Aeropoxy is producing Short floats and decals for this exactly mashine as conversion set for A-Model 1/48 DH 60 G.

One more comment - my "bandwidth" in Photobucket is now 76% of month limit, reset time is 15th Feb., so please if my photos will dissapear they will be back after 15th. I am sorry for this incovenience...

Since I want to shere ASAP I was not waiting for nice sunny weather and I did two photos with flesh and the rest is using 1 kW halogen lamp. The background of photos are views from Kotor Bay.

I hope you like it.

Best regards and comments welcome

Jerzy-Wojtek

dh 60 DSC03642dh 60 DSC03641dh 60 DSC03640dh 60 DSC03579dh 60 DSC03639dh60g DSC03573dh60g DSC03572dh60 g DSC03562dh60g DSC03563dh60g DSC03564dh60g DSC03565dh60g DSC03567dh60g DSC03566dh60g DSC03568dh60g DSC03569dh60g DSC03570

P.S.

and two from construction which I found now (July 2017) in my comp...

dh60 DSC03447dh60g DSC03508

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 11

Hi Jerzy!!!

I Have seen your nice last creation, a real true masterwork!!! Great!!!

I liked a lot the kind of version you already depict in some planes, I think your investigation work is great before any new model you do. Nice research, nice model, nice work.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Few more photos in disperssed sunlight - bo flesh, no halogen lamp.

Cheers

J-w

EDIT on 26 July 2017 - I posted all photos in first post, since I could not identify them...

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 1

Thank you Cliff :).

About inscription "Sarajevo" - there is a short note about crash of other DH60 illustrated with photo of this "mine" DH60:

http://www.baaa-acro.com/wp-content/uploads/1938/09/YU-PAS.jpg

There is a specific, very characteristic font shape, I was trying to follow...

And here is link to not available now Lift here decals, which I mentined in first post:

https://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/tag/rwd-13/#jp-carousel-340

The profile is also on wing palette.

Cheers

J-W