flightradar24 picking up RAF /military movements !

AirfixAndy

Merlin just South of Abingdon. (19:24) it's showing up as a fixed wing aircraft

Chinook west of Bristol also showing as a fixed wing (19:56)

Got it.

Where's it go to from here?

Rick.

I think it's Casablanca

• Like 1

I've been checking Yellowknife in Canada for any activity by Buffalo Airways but haven't seen anything yet

The 'Sked ' Buffalo DC-3 shows up only twice a day. The morning sked from Hay river to Yellowknife(or it might be the other way round,not sure now?) is usually early in the morning their time around 07.00 and the other direction is around 17.30hrs NWT, Canada time

FRADU Hawk up in North Wales this lunchtime by the looks of it, and another in mid-Wales

I suspect they are more likely to be those from Valley. The Navy hawk, XX337 a Yeovilton one is more often seen around the west country.

Hawker Hurricane now up in the Boston area from Coningsby. LF363. Timed at 13.30 hrs.

EDit (13.50hrs) Looks like he may have been aerobatting going by rate as of climb and speed.

An Alphajet, Tucano and another Hawk all over the west country at the mo.

Quite regular movements these. Also often seen is the Qinetic BAE 146 and Alpha jets from Boscombe.

PS: As too, are Falcon 20 of FRA seen in this area and up north over the North Sea

By the way, at 15:30, an Apache south of Salisbury just now.

Having "adjusted" the settings on my FR24, I can't see any military aircraft at all today!

Can anyone help me with settings that they are using, I thought maybe the RAF were having a day off today until I seen the above posts!!!!!

Edited by steve4428

Also now got a Merlin, showing as fixed wing though, heading east towards Oxford so I suppose it may have come out of Benson? Also has a rondel showing as the user icon!