Revell/matchbox Sherman.

Hi folks,just a little fun build for the panzer GB.It,s revells re-boxing of the old seventies Matchbox kit which at the time we kids loved as you

did,nt have to paint them and you got a little base for display,the Sherman had one of the best in the form of the bridge.I added a home made

tarpaulin and telegraph pole made from a BBQ wooden skua.Here,s the WIP.http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975968-sherman-firefly-23rd-hussars11th-armdiv/.

SDC12859640x480_zps7d0e36a4.jpgSDC12860640x480_zps882187b0.jpgSDC12861640x480_zps160fa047.jpgSDC12858640x480_zpsc2ead880.jpgSDC12852640x480_zpsbaaa3f7d.jpgSDC12854640x480_zps1b541648.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 18

RETRO!!! I last got one of these for 35p from Bobby Edwards Hardware store in Horden. Yes, it was that long ago. Matchbox kits are great. I've got the Panzer ll waiting to be built when I'm back in London next week. Thanks for the memories Steve.

• Like 2

RETRO!!! I last got one of these for 35p from Bobby Edwards Hardware store in Horden. Yes, it was that long ago. Matchbox kits are great. I've got the Panzer ll waiting to be built when I'm back in London next week. Thanks for the memories Steve.

Probably about what I paid for my first one! Work used to take me down through Blackhall a couple of times a week back in the eighties there was a newsagents where

I used to buy a kit or two from,Novo kits dirt cheap.

Probably about what I paid for my first one! Work used to take me down through Blackhall a couple of times a week back in the eighties there was a newsagents where

I used to buy a kit or two from,Novo kits dirt cheap.

If that was the newsagents on the main street towards the end of it I remember it well. When I went in last time about 1983 I think there were some kits on a shelf off to the left. My mate got a NOVO Hotspur Glider of all things complete with their standard water shattering decals

• Like 1

If that was the newsagents on the main street towards the end of it I remember it well. When I went in last time about 1983 I think there were some kits on a shelf off to the left. My mate got a NOVO Hotspur Glider of all things complete with their standard water shattering decals

That,s the one!

Great Sherman Steve and, as I mentioned in you WIP - the base really adds to the whole project and it'd be good if more manufacturers thought about including some. I think Meng included one with one of the recent WW1 tanks.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...