Mk 4 Royal Navy Sea King in UN colours

Wafu

This will be my second offering in 1/48th.

I'm just about to spend two weeks working away from home and need to stay out of the pub.

I think I have everything apart from pictures of the chaff and flare mount. I was looking for the Airwaves conversion with the chaff and flare mount in brass, does anyone have this and would be willing to scan the brass fret and the folding instructions? Any close ups photos would be great as well
Thanks for looking and I hope to have the photos up soon. Inserted now.......

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Cheers the Woo

• Like 2

Yes mate they used to but as with most of the Airwaves update/conversions its OOP so EBay cleans up again.

I'll use the great Flightpath set but add in the update items not installed when Mr Parkins first released it.

Hi Ian. I've just had alook at my Flightpath HC4 set, it only had the ALQ-157 sensor pod/bracket, no chaff and flare dispencer.. Sorry mate. Well done for jumping in with a second build, enjoy your two weeks away.

Colin

Slow progress on this one, in between work I've started on the airframe by cutting out the cabin and crew doors.

Also started the conversion by filling and cutting the correct window configuration, in addition I've been adding the mic-tel, battery and external power panels.

The main stopper for me is the fact some idiot didn't pack the Flightpath interior etch and I don't have enough card to scratch build😩

Plans are afoot to scratch build the GPMG mount, chaff and flare mounts so that's as far as I can get, bummer.

So its on with the sub assemblies within the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry guys but all modelling stopped ten days ago with the refurbishment of my bathroom. Last room in the house to do so the sense of fulfilment is pushing me on and the fact my wife and kids have made "comments" to the effect of me always working on the house.

Anyway work on this and my Bagger will resume v/soon. I have a GPMG thanks to Breaker and the photos to build a chaff and flare thanks to a Windy and Colin. Best I get on with it then.

Cheers the woo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, back from up north and on my pc to upload all the details of the build so far.

Internals 80% done but I ran out of rod to build enough seats so lets hope i can add them after the airframe is glued.......

IMG_0166.jpg

So on it goes, joined the airframe together and started to build up the outside, easy going using Flightpaths set, a bit of Eduard, loads of rod, wire and plastic card. Chaff and Flare dispensers built and the Mk4 starts to come together well.

IMG_0165.jpgIMG_0170.jpg

Seats done, cheers Colin for highlighting the shocking kit seats, only good if you stick to a US Navy type.

IMG_0172.jpg

More work done on the main rotor head, dampers added, flapping and droop stops added and i even added some plumbing, its an attempt of busying the head.

IMG_1692.jpg

Thats all for now but i hope to have her in paint very soon so will put more pictures on the thread.

Cheers the Woo

• Like 2

More done on this last night.

She now stands in UN White and I've painted and assembled the main and tail rotors.

Not sure how I'm going to tackle the inside just yet but I start my last two weeks in the Shetland Islands tomorrow so time is of the essence.

Pictures will follow tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Stop the clock I've finished.....well nearly.

As the close date draws near I've decided to post this as finished.

I've not done the cabin the justice I wanted but times tight and I wanted to finish this and my 1/48 SH-3B by the end of this week.

All the brush painting has been completed, the panel line wash was done and the masks have been removed. I'm pleased with her even without the interior being finished.

Small issues are the fact I seem to have dust in the cockpit from the filler I've rubbed down, not a lot I can do about this. The second thing is I wish someone would do a generic sheet for the stencil markings and barn door ice bars, so many differing styles and sizes on sheets that are now OOP.

Any way I hope you like it. Pictures will follow when my bloody computer stops updating. Why can't BM sort the issue of putting pics from an iPad on to the threads???

IMG_0203.jpg

the rest are in the Gallery..

Cheers the Woo

Pics can be taken from an iPad to a thread if you use photobucket. you can get the app, the take the IMG link (auto copies when you click on it) and paste it here, when you hit post, it turns magically into a picture :P

Congratulations on finishing too :)

K

• Like 1