Civilian Motor Vehicle GB 2016

D1fuN0

Laaaadies and Gentlemen

Gather round, gather round...

Its time for those of us from the dark side of modelling to come to the fore, with a GB of magnanamous proportions!

Yes, alone, we fight against the dragons with a mere toothpick , but together, we can nuke the buggers!!!

A Civilian Motor Vehicle GB, is just the answer we need.

You name it,we want it in here, as long as its a Civilian Vehicle

Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Racing Cars, and yes, even buses (gasp)

The aim is to bring ALL the dark side genre's together, for one big mega GB :)

This is your chance chaps, you never see enough car, bike, truck, racecar GB's?, well this one is for EVERYONE!

Any kind of Car, including Racing Cars, Any kind of Bike, including Racing Bikes, Trucks, Buses, you name it. As long as it is a Civilian Motor Vehicle, its welcome here.

Somebody is bound to ask, what about civilianised military vehicles like trucks etc, as long at they are not in military colours, they are allowed (Wheeled Vehicles only)

And someone is bound to ask as well, what about civilian aircraft??? What part of Motor Vehicle did you not understand?

Very Simple guidelines

- Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Buses, Race Cars of any description

- No Miltary vehicles allowed unless they have been civilianised (for example, big Scammel trucks after the war)

- Any kit, any medium, any scale from any era, and as much aftermarket stuff as you'd like.

- The usual standard GB Rules will apply.

I'll volunteer as Host, but I think we might need a Co host on this, have a feeling this might be a big one...

We need the usual 30 bodies, to be put through for consideration for next year.

The List, has been started

1) Mad Steve (Host)

2) hgbn

3) Caution Wake Turbulence

4) Black Knight

5) Milktrip

6) Paul J

7) Rob G

8) Dazdot

9) Cliff B

10) Doug Rogers

11) iJones

12) Bonhoff

13) Bootneck

14) Andy C

15) Mark

16) The Cameraman

17) Shermaniac

18) Chimpion

19) Richellis

20) Aimees Dad

21) Rich G

22) 06/24

GO FOR IT!!!

Steve

Edited by MAD STEVE
  • Like 1

Considering to build something out of the ordinary.

In my stash I have a 1958 Pontiac Bonneville, 1959 Ford Galaxy 500, these are complete resin kits, and a 1958 Ford Country Sedan which is also resin but is only provided with the upper body work, bumpers and lights, anything else has to be done yourself. I'm leaning towards the Country Sedan even though I fear to scratch a complete interior..

• Like 1

I have a stalled emhar Bedford truck and even though it will hopefully be finished by the start of this GB (should it get through vothing), I have very much enjoyed working on it and it does make a nice change from building predominatly aircraft.

It is also intresting to note that people say to me "You never have any GB's for car/truck/insert vehicle here modellers. When somebody tries to organise something it is disapointing to see limited support.

Whether or not I build for this proposed GB I fully support it.

• Like 2

Considering to build something out of the ordinary.

In my stash I have a 1958 Pontiac Bonneville, 1959 Ford Galaxy 500, these are complete resin kits, and a 1958 Ford Country Sedan which is also resin but is only provided with the upper body work, bumpers and lights, anything else has to be done yourself. I'm leaning towards the Country Sedan even though I fear to scratch a complete interior..

Hey Henrik

Id go with the Country Sedan, but instead of scratchbuilding, you could use either the AMT 58 Hardtop, or at a push, the 58 Edsel for the interior :)

• Like 1

Wow - Five up in one go, thanks guys

Yup - Nowt wrong with them... But what you going to do for the other 3 months and 29 days :)

I'll find something. Got an Airfix Model T in original, type 2 header and poly bag, MG K3 and who knows what might come up in between time. :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Hey Henrik

Id go with the Country Sedan, but instead of scratchbuilding, you could use either the AMT 58 Hardtop, or at a push, the 58 Edsel for the interior :)

Ooooh now we're talking. Wasn't aware of these kits.. See how long it has been since I bought a Automobile kit... Gotta have that Edsel

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

Well Im stuck at what to build.

Im probably going to hit two...

Bike - (obviously), probably a Ducati 900ss.. (very likely to change)

Car - Urrrm, contenders at the moment are the Tamiya Citroen 2cv Van, Revell Jagermeister VW van, the Revell Trabant or the Revell US Datsun BRE (very likely to change)

However...

By the time the GB hits the streets, The Ebbro DS19 will be out..

and the new Heller Citroen Van

and the Tamiya Mercedes 300....

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/

For inspiration and for those interested in old cars in general

http://www.oldcarbrochures.org/Canada/Ford-Canada/Meteor/1956-Meteor-Brochure-Cdn-Fr

Random Canadian Ford

http://www.oldcarbrochures.org/Canada/Ford-Canada/Meteor/1956-Meteor-Brochure-Cdn-Fr/1956-Meteor-Fr--10

One of my favorites... From an era where design was king and every car make with respect for them selves presented a new design each year. Like a good bottle of vintage red wine

Edited by hgbn