What would be your 'Dream' CAR OR BIKE kit'?

roymattblack

I'm more an airplane guy, so I don't know who all the players in the car model market are.

However, I'd happily take a voyage into the car building end of the hobby for a 1/24 Tatra T87 in styrene.

I have the 1/72 kit of the T87 from Attack in my stash, but that car is a beauty and I'd love to have a styrene rendition of it in larger size.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever made a Ford RS200 before?

Reji currently show three versions in their list, but whether they're currently in production I don't know.

There's also been a couple of 1/24th resin kits in the past, one from MPM a British outfit now long gone, & another from a Portugese company that ended with a bad reputation for taking orders for kits & not delivering, I can't recall what they were called. You may find these on e-bay.

• Like 1

Reji currently show three versions in their list, but whether they're currently in production I don't know.

There's also been a couple of 1/24th resin kits in the past, one from MPM a British outfit now long gone, & another from a Portugese company that ended with a bad reputation for taking orders for kits & not delivering, I can't recall what they were called. You may find these on e-bay.

You would be referring to BBA design......He did one kit - the RS200 of which I did manage to get one after purchasing it direct from him. He was selling them on ebay for a while. Problem was I waited 4 months for the kit to arrive - he cited several problems with family and business which delayed releasing the kit. The next thing I heard was he took several orders and never provided the kits to customers. He disappeared very quickly after. The kit I purchased was eventually sold to a friend who built it and the Santos version for TMMI. I was given the Santos shell - and a load of spares he'd got from BBA....just needs completing. It's a shame he didn't do business properly as it was a good kit.

Of course, the other kit that was done many moons ago was by Modellers of Japan.

Here's a photo of the bodyshell for a review I did on another site.

DSCN0165-vi.jpg

Edited by The Sheene Machine
  • Like 1

a 1/48 scale Junkers W33/34.

There are 1/72 scale w34's, but no W33 (the first aircraft to fly the Atlantic Ocean east to west, in 1928)

Revell Germany's Junkers F13, and its G24 are OOP at present.

Sounds like another peculiar car I've never heard of.....

Roy.

• Like 2

Tamiya 1/12 Britten V1000. I remember watching an old VHS of John Britten casting the engine block at home using his wife's ceramics kiln and a home made mould...!!! This guy was a genuine visionary and his designs were/are ahead of their times, despite them being built in his shed/living room/conservatory, etc!!!

There is an old, obscure and massively expensive resin kit but I can only imagine a Tamiya 'Panigale' quality plastic kit :wub:. The paint scheme is pretty nice but the stuff under the 'bikini body' is a sight to behold.

Amazing man, amazing bike. His story is available on DVD.

http://www.dukevideo.com/prdBB001/The-Britten-Bike-Story-1-Man-s-Dream-DVD

Would be an interesting kit in 1/6 scale.

I too would like a 1/12 Lotus a Elise S1 to go with my 1:1

Edited by injidup
  • Like 1

For me, a 1967 Singer Chamois (Hillman Imp) Rally fit.....my first car !....

Probably more likely would be my Norwegian colleague's choice....a Buick 1957 Roadmaster........strangely never ever produced in plastic in any scale.....plenty of Chevy 's etc but never a Buick...

Thats too small for roy Lol
Shaun

You nasty, wicked person - WHY did you have to show me that ??? !!!!! (in jest)

That is an AWESOME KIT!!!

However, as a few of you know, my DBR1 in 1/8 scale is in planning at present.

Body buck (almost) sorted, engine parts being sourced...

It will be my next build after the big Fiat restoration....

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Skoda 130 (Estelle in the UK) rally car with options for both Group "B" and Group "A" cars in 1/24th would be nice

Or it might just be easier to restore my 1:1 scale one....

There's going to be one. Resin and with detail. Expensive? Yes.

img8733t.jpg

My choice: 1/24 Tamiya Porsche 954 aka 911 SC RS

• Like 1

There's going to be one. Resin and with detail. Expensive? Yes.

Yay!!

Now need to find an acrylic equivalent of RAL3015 to do a replica of "Ermintrude" - assume bumpers are a separate item as I didn't have those on her

(Slightly odd as for a brief moment I thought I'd answered my own question as my real name is also I.Jones - even more odd is that we both have high performance rear engined rally cars as our avatars...)

• Like 1