As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Paul Bradley

US Army Invades Flagstaff!

Was minding my own business, watching the dull WHU/MU game, when the house started shaking with chopper action - the US Army was flying downwind into Flag airport right over my house! Needless to say, I didn't have my camera to hand, but ran over to the airport to get a few shots though the fence.

A total of 5 X AH-64, including a Longbow Apache, 3 X CH-47 and 3 X UH-60. I couldn't see the '60s at the airport, and the others were not positioned conducive to good photography (away on the ramp, behind hangars, a 10ft fence and sun directly against...). Still, a few shots of record:

055_zpsrykadwxv.jpg

ah64-03_zpsc8pfmgao.jpg

ah64-01_zpsndfbttmj.jpg

ch47-02_zpscz1hutxz.jpg

ch47-01_zpsbxp3czjn.jpg

Note the name painted on one of the Apaches, and the severe weathering on one of the Chinooks. No idea where they were coming from or going to - the gc were too busy for me to want to interrupt them - but the left after refueling about an hour later.

Edited by Paul Bradley

Thanks Paul, I now have a sudden urge to build that Apache. I love the webbing hanging from the missile tubes.

Cheers,

Billy