Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AndyRM101

Slave 1 - Finemolds 1/72 *Updated photos*

Recommended Posts

Beautiful work Andy. I think the painting of Slave 1 will always make or break it as a vehicle....you have Definately made it. Great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowt short of INSPIRATIONAL!!! This is the kind of build that stands out a mile; many thanks for sharing it with us.

:goodjob:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can visit his Flickr album. He posted some of the colors in the descriptions of the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 05:51, Lee Chambers said:

Just about to start this kit,your paintwork is stunning,what colours did you use?,If memory serves you!

 Hi Lee,

 

Sorry for the late response. I've only just seen your question. As best as I can remember, the main colours I used were these...

 

24801696918_23c795e80d_b.jpg

 

The lightest colour on the upper hull was a mix of JA Grey and White. I can't remember the exact ratio, I just mixed it by eye until it looked about right. It was probably about 50/50, but maybe a little more white if anything.

 

The darker colour for the upper hull chipping was Gunze RLM02 and Tamiya XF-76. Again, can't remember how much of each, but the mix may well have had some white in as well. I didn't want it to be that much darker than the base colour.

 

That got me to this

 

15233617282_40b05cb947_b.jpg

 

The dark green was NATO Green, with a little XF-11 JN Green added for shading

 

15228863666_9af6ec1be5_b.jpg

 

The base colour for the skirt was the same as the upper hull. The hardest colour to match was the pinky-grey tone that shows up under the dark red in places. I thought I'd need to mix it, but then I remembered I got a Vallejo Game Colour shade that looked about right. That was Heavy Warm Grey, and I think I added a little dark grey to it as well

 

15127848056_3df7a7780b_b.jpg

 

The red for the skirt was mainly Cavalry Brown, with a little Panzer Aces Light Rust added, then some Hull Red mixed in for shading

 

14964300408_48e34ceab6_b.jpg

 

I wouldn't say that any of the colours are exact matches to the original, or even close really, so they could all be adapted or altered to suit.

 

Hope some of that was useful. I'm looking forward to seeing your build. You don't see many of them being done anymore. Revell would have been better off re-releasing this one instead of the 72nd Falcon.

 

Andy:cat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

 Hi Lee,

 

Sorry for the late response. I've only just seen your question. As best as I can remember, the main colours I used were these...

 

24801696918_23c795e80d_b.jpg

 

The lightest colour on the upper hull was a mix of JA Grey and White. I can't remember the exact ratio, I just mixed it by eye until it looked about right. It was probably about 50/50, but maybe a little more white if anything.

 

The darker colour for the upper hull chipping was Gunze RLM02 and Tamiya XF-76. Again, can't remember how much of each, but the mix may well have had some white in as well. I didn't want it to be that much darker than the base colour.

 

That got me to this

 

15233617282_40b05cb947_b.jpg

 

The dark green was NATO Green, with a little XF-11 JN Green added for shading

 

15228863666_9af6ec1be5_b.jpg

 

The base colour for the skirt was the same as the upper hull. The hardest colour to match was the pinky-grey tone that shows up under the dark red in places. I thought I'd need to mix it, but then I remembered I got a Vallejo Game Colour shade that looked about right. That was Heavy Warm Grey, and I think I added a little dark grey to it as well

 

15127848056_3df7a7780b_b.jpg

 

The red for the skirt was mainly Cavalry Brown, with a little Panzer Aces Light Rust added, then some Hull Red mixed in for shading

 

14964300408_48e34ceab6_b.jpg

 

I wouldn't say that any of the colours are exact matches to the original, or even close really, so they could all be adapted or altered to suit.

 

Hope some of that was useful. I'm looking forward to seeing your build. You don't see many of them being done anymore. Revell would have been better off re-releasing this one instead of the 72nd Falcon.

 

Andy:cat:

Thank you very much Andy!,That will be a huge help,i do have most of the colours,but it was more about how and when you apply them that really brings the weathering to life,i think you are correct about Revell,they should have re-released the Slave 1,I just bought the Bandai PG  1/72 Falcon kit,i was very lucky,the seller in the US only valued the kit at $50 so i avoided a huge import tax !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been off the forum for ages and thought to myself "I wonder what that Andy bloke has been up to on britmodeller" so popped in here for a looksee. Well what a lovely treat !

Nailed it looks amazing :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always a treat to see anything from your stable Andy. Your Slave is an inspiration and simply confirms you again as my favourite sci-fi kit basher.

 

What's next Andy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dances With Wolves said:

What's next Andy?

 

In terms of Sci-Fi builds, I've no idea. It's generally whatever I like the look of at the time. I've got a few of the Bandai box scale kits on their way from Japan, so it'll probably be one of those. Slave 1 is quite an old one (2014 I think), so there's been quite a few in the intervening time.

 

Andy:cat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seen it again today and reminded myself just what a gorgeous model this was - stunning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piero Stark said:

Did you also add a scenario to this model?

Thanks Piero,

 

If by scenario you mean a diorama, then I was intending to do one at some point but, as yet, I haven't found the time. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually.

 

Andy:cat:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Thanks Piero,

 

If by scenario you mean a diorama, then I was intending to do one at some point but, as yet, I haven't found the time. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually.

 

Andy:cat:

 

Thanks for the answer, Yes, I was meaning a diorama, I have asked it because when I will finish mine I want make my first diorama and I have no idea of what do 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaw droppingly excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello Andy

 

To be honest, you are also a reason that i registration at britmodeller, i love your works so much, i made my self work to watch all your threads and youre really an artist, i like it how you treat with paints, you have that special feeling for colours, i have a big respect to you and i can still learn from you, even i am more than 40 years a modeler already.

 

 

Cheers

Werner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to agree with you here Werner, I’ve learnt so much from everyone on the forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

i have a big respect to you and i can still learn from you, even i am more than 40 years a modeler already.

 

Thanks Werner, it's very kind of you to say so.

 

1 hour ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I’ve learnt so much from everyone on the forum. 

 

Fully agree Chief. Britmodeller is a great place for all of us to learn from each other.

 

Andy:cat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...