Slave 1 - Finemolds 1/72 *Updated photos*

1 hour ago, Piero Stark said:

Hello @AndyRM101, how did you make that brown effect in the panel line of the new uploaded photo?

Hi Piero,

The brown shading was done with heavily thinned Tamiya paint sprayed along the panel lines. The same method as pre-shading, but applied over the paint rather than under it.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party.

Wow and Thrice Wow. B)

I think my Favourite of your models yet.

I've bought some Mr Gunze neo.  I learn something everytime I look by one of your builds

Rob

• Like 1

Nice to see this again, and very brave of you to paint over the glazing but it seems to have paid off nicely!

NB: Pics two and three show a bit of the cyclorama at the top RH side. It's almost invisible but it shows up on my desktop monitor which has a broader gamut I think?

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will Vale said:

NB: Pics two and three show a bit of the cyclorama at the top RH side. It's almost invisible but it shows up on my desktop monitor which has a broader gamut I think?

I know. It's down to my creaky old desktop monitor that I use for post-processing. I can't really calibrate it properly anymore. The backgrounds look pure white on that screen, but when I view them on my chromebook or tablet, there are still murky areas in the corners.

I'll hopefully be getting a new monitor before too long, and upgrading my photo lighting to LED at the same time.

P.S. I like Cyclorama - a very fancy way of referring to the  manky old sheet of white card, covered in cat paw prints, that I use for a backdrop :D

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!!

Well Andy, What can I say that hasn't already been said...… That's a Master Piece!!

I see in some of the previous posts you've shared the colour recipe for the hull and main body... and the 'how to' do the chipping etc.

May I be really cheeky and ask the colour recipes for the other parts of the ship, cockpit, engines, underneath, wings (stabilisers), dark grey bits

by the wings (stabilisers) etc

Oh..... and the cockpit lighting is Fantastic, did you create that yourself or was that a brought kit?

Many Thanks...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PartTimePainter said:

I see in some of the previous posts you've shared the colour recipe for the hull and main body... and the 'how to' do the chipping etc.

May I be really cheeky and ask the colour recipes for the other parts of the ship, cockpit, engines, underneath, wings (stabilisers), dark grey bits

by the wings (stabilisers) etc

Oh..... and the cockpit lighting is Fantastic, did you create that yourself or was that a brought kit?

Many Thanks...

I can't remember all the colours precisely to be honest, but, hopefully, the following photos should give you some idea.

The main colour on the underside was the same pale green/grey tone used on the main fuselage. The paint chipping was also done the same way with masking fluid.

The other main colours are listed on the photo

47942292813_a97fe0e1a5_h.jpg

The scanner dish and centre panel were painted the same way, but left separate until the end

47942311391_2c7c0250d5_b.jpg

The engines were painted in a reddish brown. Can't remember the exact colour, but it was probably mixed from Tamiya acrylics. A paler brown was sprayed first for the chipping colour

47942311071_f6708839c4_b.jpg

Everything in place (except the scanner dish), and weathered. Most of the weathering was done with oil and enamel washes

47942274997_f458776f16_b.jpg

47942310451_dbe07d6cc6_b.jpg

The stabilisers were painted in the same colour as the fuselage, and the green part at the top of the arm was probably done in the same shade as the green on the underside

47942273932_593e4b055d_b.jpg

The cockpit was painted in a mid grey. Again, can't remember the exact colour, but it's a fairly generic shade. It had some dry-brushing with a lighter grey, and the details were picked out in various shades

47942273287_927ec3fcd5_b.jpg

I did the lighting myself on this kit. A few direct LEDs for the ambient lighting and some fibres for the cockpit rear wall and instrument console

47942289933_c40597357a_b.jpg

Rear wall and ambient lighting

47942289508_1899b08326_b.jpg

Instrument panel and running lights

47942271892_e822941c87_b.jpg

Hope that helps

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Awesome additional information Andy. Didn't realise you had some lighting in this one.

Now we just need Bandai to bring out their 1/72 version with new tooling and awesome details. Surely it must be on their list......

Just out of interest Andy. What sort of length, width and height does she have ?

• Like 2

Thanks Andy..... Your help is much appreciated! You truly do deserve the title of  'Master'....

If I have any more questions (and I probably will lol) I know who to ask.... thanks again

Edited by PartTimePainter
additional thankyou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Portaler said:

Just out of interest Andy. What sort of length, width and height does she have ?

About 12 inches long, 10½ wide, and 5 high

While I was digging around in the dusty recesses of my hard drive earlier to find the photos above, I stumbled on some shots I'd taken during the build of a mock-up of the maintenance bay dio I'd originally planned. Still no idea of if or when I'll get around to doing it, but I thought I'd post the shots here in case anyone's interested in seeing how it might have looked, or indeed may still

47944956176_3b1e6276f9_b.jpg

47944924747_dab80f9b55_b.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, Andy Moore said:

(...) of a mock-up of the maintenance bay dio I'd originally planned.

Your mockup looks better than a lot of my finished work... ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome build and paint - I love the pictures of the maintenance bay mock up. That would look brilliant taken to completion with a hangar backdrop, similar to the Gundam hangars out there. I've seen the best Starwars paint jobs and dio's on here.

• Thanks 1