Lady Liberty RAF Lakenheath Eagle

• 5 months later...

Hello,Fellow Fettlers - I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind and appreciated feedback on Lady Liberty.Thanks to John(Canberra Kid) piloting me through the website workings,I wanted to acknowledge as soon as I was competent enough to do so.Thank you Mungo 1974 for advising on the correct colour of the airbrake area.I'll remember that for the next Eagle I build.Happy Landings,Paul.

• 1 month later...

Hello,Friends - This model was only the second build I had ever done in 1/48 scale.A major favourite type,I'm planning to build this aircraft in 1/32 scale.I've had the Tamiya Kit waiting for attention for a very long time.Having a few more 1/48 builds under my belt now,I feel more confident to tackle this superkit with a degree of confidence.I'm so delighted to be a member of Britmodeller and since I joined I've learned a lot about various aspects of modelling and made friendships with like-minded enthusiasts too.I find the WIP and RFI Builds absolutely inspirational.Keep up the very good work! All the very best,Paul.

Great build,a favourite type of mine.Nice one Mcdonnell.

Hello,Dirk Diggler - Many thanks for your kind reply.The 'Strike Eagle' and 'Phantom' are my 'St.Louis Sweethearts'. All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Dirk Diggler - Many thanks for your kind reply.The 'Strike Eagle' and 'Phantom' are my 'St.Louis Sweethearts'. All the very best,Paul.

Strike Eagle on the "to do" list and I remember building a Phantom as a small child with my dad,may have to build another(with me taking the lead this time!)

Cheers,Carl.

• Like 1

Strike Eagle on the "to do" list and I remember building a Phantom as a small child with my dad,may have to build another(with me taking the lead this time!)

Cheers,Carl.

Hello,Carl - Many thanks for your kind and much appreciated reply.I remember my Dad taking me to Finningley Airshow many moons ago and the visiting Phantom (US Navy),in the static display was the first military aircraft cockpit that I'd sat in.It was love at first seat for me!! I've adored the type ever since.Phabulous!! Good luck with the father and son build!All the best,Paul.

Very nice, been tempted with this kit. How was it to build?

Hello,The Stig - Thank you very much for your kind reply.Purely from my own experience,I cannot recommend this kit highly enough.There are far better modellers than me on this Forum but even at my level I found it a delight to build.The latest release also includes bombs so the package is even greater value for money.The decal sheet compliments everything else about the model.I don't take a micrometer to a kit.It has enough detail for me and when built it certainly looks like a Strike Eagle to me.Everything on my model is totally OOB.To sum up,unbeatable value for money.I hope you treat yourself to this kit because you won't be disappointed.All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1