S and M Models new kit list

GreenDragon

A 1/72 Hastings has been No.1 on my wants list for many a year. But if the S&M one comes with a solid resin fuselage I'm afraid I'll have to give it a miss. Shall have to hope instead that if it does actually appear that it'll push the price of the old vacforms down out of the stratosphere....!!

Why would it be, the HS-748 and Andover are both hollow cast fuselages, and Ali's Gannet AEW 3 was hollow, so the odds are their 1/72nd Hastings would be hollow too.

• Like 1

Why would it be, the HS-748 and Andover are both hollow cast fuselages, and Ali's Gannet AEW 3 was hollow, so the odds are their 1/72nd Hastings would be hollow too.

OK, sorry I've been misled then, I'd been led to believe all their kits to date (apart from the Viscount which I know doesn't, having 5 of them (& I also have one of Ali's Gannets !)) had solid fuselages. Very good news if it isn't, best start saving...!!

Hi Keefy, I've had a several of their 1/144th models thrown my way recently by the kind Mr Airfix Model World and have to say that they are hollow bodied, (except for the Avro 730 and EE P.10 for obvious reasons), so don't see why the larger scale ones wouldn't be. As mentioned a solid resin fuselage of a large old crate like the Hastings would weigh a ton and need some serious undercarriage work to avoid a knee trembler......(Thank Gawd the Amodel Amonsters aren't solid, otherwise I'd be looking to move !).

• Like 1

Hey lads DO NOT WORRY, I have decided that they are all going be in forged metal, get out your cutting torches, angle grinders, and welding gear. Markings will be provided by branding irons and specially adapted stamps, windows will be plate glass. there will an additional add on feature, well like an after market part, these can be attached at the wing tips, they are uniquely CUP holders, used for tea or coffee.

Or on the other hand I may just try and do a good job and make a few good patterns that will everybody will hopefully like........

As for you General Melchett (note the capitals) you have been demoted to UNDER private ( the new rank) for not letting me being able to get food and sleep, and for you there will only be salt models, NO new nice plastic / resin stuff for you, in Siberia, I know you like Russian subjects but these will not be pleasant...........................

As for you Woody you get a small reprieve at least you let me have food and sleep, however I am trying to make some models of my own, so try and be a little nicer, I have not built a modeller fun for about 7 years.

Catch you all later...............I'm off and I am not saying where to either, Ali

• Like 8

Hi Keefy, I've had a several of their 1/144th models thrown my way recently by the kind Mr Airfix Model World and have to say that they are hollow bodied, (except for the Avro 730 and EE P.10 for obvious reasons), so don't see why the larger scale ones wouldn't be. As mentioned a solid resin fuselage of a large old crate like the Hastings would weigh a ton and need some serious undercarriage work to avoid a knee trembler......(Thank Gawd the Amodel Amonsters aren't solid, otherwise I'd be looking to move !).

I've got a solid hard wood (with some other filler) Hastings since 1960 something and its bigger than 1/72nd. Its a display model,Matt grey,I'd forgotten 'till I saw your post.Its back at my mum and dads.Must go looking. Yes its heavy! Under cart? Forget it!

Edited by bzn20

Hey lads DO NOT WORRY, I have decided that they are all going be in forged metal, get out your cutting torches, angle grinders, and welding gear. Markings will be provided by branding irons and specially adapted stamps, windows will be plate glass. there will an additional add on feature, well like an after market part, these can be attached at the wing tips, they are uniquely CUP holders, used for tea or coffee.

At last some sensible modelling options.......I was getting bored with this plastic, resin and glue malarkey !

Ali.... under private eh ! good Lord, sounds dodgy governor but then we are talking S&M here. I shall not take umbrage to your harsh words but will take it like a true member of the British Empire and her colonies, (from about 35 miles behind the front line, protected by Watusi warriors armed to the teeth with kiwi fruit and guava halves).

Salt models indeed...mind you can't be any worse than the sand ones I used to struggle making as a nipper.......it was only when someone offered me a bucket of water that the penny dropped !

I'm off and I am not saying where to either,

Well I hope it's somewhere near Huddersfield young fella, we need to talk !

Hi Andy

Well enough of that rubbish banter DOWN to business........

I will not be anywhere near Huddersfield, it is across the border and that in it self is dangerous (oops there was supposed to be no banter)

Drop me a PM and I will send you my email and phone number and when you are ready we can chat.

Ali

• Like 1

Definitely up for the 1/32 Spey Toom conversion and a brace of 1/72 JP 3, and might be tempted by the big Bulldog and Chipmunk.

Am assuming the FG.1/FGR.2 set is for the Tamiya J.

I only model in 1/72 and 1/32, so am very happy.

Tanmodel are supposed to have a Buccaneer in the works.

Tony

• 3 months later...

Things being a bit slow here downunder, we have only just got the March issue of SAM!

So when I found the listing of new models from S&M Model of cause I nearly had a wee accident when I saw the Alternative V Force list....and they are in resin tooo!!!!!

I can see vast sums of money being thrown around to get these beasts!

The website still appears to be down when I looked today, not sure what the deal is there but will keep an eye out for sure!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I asked Mel Bromley about the 1/32 Bulldog kit at the Midland Expo yesterday and he suggested it would probably be out at the end of next year on current plans.

I explained my keen interest was on the basis I'm looking forward to building a model of an aircraft I've actually flown solo!

I explained my keen interest was on the basis I'm looking forward to building a model of an aircraft I've actually flown solo!

You're not alone there! Still, I already have 72nd & 48th Billie kits that I've yet to build as my first solo machine! May as well add a 32nd one to the pile eventually though!

Shame that no one really does a good 1/48 DH Devon/Dove, and yes Magna do one LOL, but would like a proper injected kit of this aircraft that served for a long period in the RAF and used in civil/military in the UK and abroad

• Like 2

Got to agree with you there Kev...I had a very eventful trip in a Devon up to Woolsington from Northolt back in the early seventies when the port undercarriage decided to retract on touchdown and we veered off onto the grass amid a shower of wet mud, bent props and spontaneous applause from some 'spotters'...always fancied doing a dio of that little scene, of course as air cadets we thought it was all great fun but the air commodore on board thought otherwise :fraidnot:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Planned for their resin Alternative V-Force Range are:-

1/72nd Armstrong Whitworth AW 168 (which I assume is a typo of the AW 169 F 155T Requirement)

1/72nd Fairey F 155T Delta II (surely this should be the Delta III, a personal Holy Grail Kit if it is!)

1/72nd Gloster GO 339 (probably one of the two Gloster designs for the GOR 339 requirement that the TSR.2 won)

1/72nd Supermarine 559 (which is probably the Vickers 559 for F 155T)

Does anyone know if they're still pursuing these?