AMG Mercedes Benz FIA F1 Safety Car (Fujimi 1:24)

Hi Folks,

I purchased this earlier today and thought it would make a good WIP. Transpires it could take up to 8 weeks to arrive so it's turned into a birthday pressie from the kids. Looking forward to sharing the build :)

Cheers

_12-2_zpszbroyzny.jpg

• Like 3

I have to admit to looking at getting one of these on more than 1 occasion so i will be watching to see how it progresses

Shaun

One quick thing when you get it check the word safety is spelt right as i heard rumours that it was spelt safty on another forum

Edited by shood23
  • Like 1

Cheers Roger - Nothing like a bit of pressure! ;)

Thanks for the heads-up Shaun. Looks like Fujimi have addressed the issue with newer kits having an extra decal sheet. Hope mine tuns up with one!

• 2 weeks later...

My F1 Safety Car arrived today from Japan - only a few days after I purchased it :coolio: I'm pleased to report the decals say SAFETY CAR :thumbsup: I had read that the initial production decals were printed SAFTY!! :shocked:

The downside is that my Mrs. has confiscated it until my birthday. :waiting::waiting:

• 3 weeks later...

Opened my pressie today :yahoo: Need to complete my Sea King GB then I'll open the box. Cant wait :frantic: !!

Here are some pictures I took of the real thing in 2013. Hoping I can have the kit looking somewhere close.

IMG_0094_zpskoe1dkmf.jpg

IMG_0093_zpsypqeuzha.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsquahvpht.jpg

IMG_0573_zpsc25gqxmd.jpg

IMG_0574_zpsxhxbwvfy.jpg

• Like 1

Kinda. The safety car is brought out for wet starts and incidents on track..

Wikipedia definition is:

A safety car or pace car is a car which limits the speed of competing cars on a racetrack in the case of a caution period such as an obstruction on the track. During a caution period the safety car enters the track ahead of the leader. Competitors are not normally allowed to pass the safety car or other competitors during a caution period, and the safety car leads the field at a pre-determined safe speed, which may vary by series and circuit. At the end of the caution period, the safety car leaves the track and the competitors may resume racing.

• 2 weeks later...

phwoar! This is a bit good.

Hi, Yep, that's what I thought when I saw the kit. Hoping to be able to do it justice!!

Now that does look nice.

Wonder how much work would be involved in lighting it all up!! :hmmm:

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren, Now there's a thought!! Not sure I'll be having a go at finding out though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The interior looks superb, all the details are raised.

Do you need to hollow out the plastic grills then place the PE parts? Then the whole assy goes on to the front bumper?

Cheers,

Rishi

• Like 1