Tamiya 1/48th Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik.

This is the Tamiya 1/48th Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik.

It's built straight from the box. The only addition was the pilots seat harness. All the paints used were Tamiya acrylics. The wing joint was so good, I painted the fuselage and wings completely before gluing them together. Thank you for looking.

imagejpg1_zps3877c196.jpg

imagejpg1_zps4c3b47f3.jpg

imagejpg4_zpse280ba4c.jpg

imagejpg6_zps51e3324c.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsb3b8f835.jpg

imagejpg1_zps44138aff.jpg

imagejpg2_zps62f1698a.jpg

imagejpg1_zps4b1e4c76.jpg

• Like 26

That looks so good it is making me want to go out and buy one, even though it is about as far from the usual stuff I build as it is possible to get.

Martin

• Like 1

You've made a fantastic job of this. Been wanting to buy this kit, but the price tag seemed a little high -seeing one turn out this good is definitely testing my resolve!

• Like 1

Thank you Martin, I don't normally build Russian aircraft, but I'm a sucker for anything Tamiya. I can't wait for their next 1/48th aircraft release (any rumours apart from the Tomcat?)

Thank you also Turnerdad, they sure are top of their game. I've got their 1/32nd scale Birdcage Corsair in front of me. I keep giving it a coat of looking at! It might be my next build.

Thank you Simon, yes, I agree, Tamiya are the best, and not just aircraft.

And thank you Doozer1974. The price can be an issue sometimes.

Great build Joe and super weathering skills on display too.

Cheers,

Roger

Thank you Roger, the weathering was just a coat of artist gouache which, when dry, was cleaned off to accentuate the panel lines and stain the fuselage and wings. I then highlighted areas with Tamiya weathering master colours.

Thank you also pascal and Stephen.

Thank you BerndM, it's because the kit goes together so well that it can be built in sections :)

• Like 1