Airfix Spitfire I - Blitzbuild?

Isn't that what Domino's is for? Thought you were a student...

John.

Can't argue with that! I've been invited to a mates birthday party tonight so I'm not going to finish the model, ah well. Usually I'd continue modelling on Sunday, however I'm off out with the cycling club :clif:

Ben

Edited by wellsprop

I haven't had time to take a day off modelling for what feels like centuries... Some people have all the luck. I don't understand having university work to do at home... When I was there, I did bugger all for 3 months and then I would work 20 hour days for 3 weeks to be ready for the exams... and the cycle would start again! You should try it one day.

Your Spit'd better be finished by the end of this week-end, or this thread shall be forwarded to your Principal!!!

Great start!

JR

I might get it done today! I need to borrow a pencil from my flatmate to mark out the camo pattern before I can do any more >.<

I cut a tiny tiny rectangle of tin foil and stuck it on as the mirror, looks much better and more natural than silver paint :)

IMGP0383_zpsdf9a857a.jpg

Ben

• Like 2

I cut a tiny tiny rectangle of tin foil and stuck it on as the mirror, looks much better and more natural than silver paint :)

IMGP0383_zpsdf9a857a.jpg

Ben

Now that's a good idea. I always paint the back of the mirror with chrome silver first and it looks a bit naff.

Now that's a good idea. I always paint the back of the mirror with chrome silver first and it looks a bit naff.

It's a simple task and it has good results, I recommend it! Here's another picture, it's very difficult to get a decent shot.

IMGP0391_zpsbd243592.jpg

And the reason I won't be making models tomorrow - going for a ride with my lovely new cycling shoes ;)

IMGP0390_zps294f8eef.jpg

Ben