Aoshima Airwolf - I really want one of these

Ive been after one for a while, but all the ones ive seen have been out my price range £60+, and will only go for more as there out of production, which is ruddy annoying, i do have one i made as a kid so can imagine how poor it is, and bits misding sadly.

good luck, but may be a waiting game like im playing

• 1 month later...

The Kitech kit is a copy of the old AMT/ERTL kit which TBH is really little better than a toy. Poorly detailed u/c, rotor head and tail rotor assemblies, the exhausts are vile, plus there's something seriously wrong with the shape. It's not something I can put my finger on, but when it's assembled it looks too squat and fat, whereas the Lady herself is much sleeker. I think it's something to do with the camera fairings above the turbothrusters but I'm not sure how it could be fixed. It does score over the former in having two crew figures. The Hobbycraft Bell 222B was also the same kit with many of the Airwolf bits, but no turbothrusters.

The kit does build up better as a Bell 222B, so you've a better basis for Airwolf II/Redwolf.

131725-o.jpg

In addition, there's TWO Aoshima toolings. One is a copy or reboxed AMT/ERTL kit and the second is the all singing, all dancing new tool. I've seen them second hand for between £30-40 which is excellent value for money.

• 1 month later...

I have the Aoshima Airwolf, I bought it a couple of years ago & I managed to get it for £36 in total from Japan.

Since then the prices have skyrocketed.

The sheer detail on this kit is immense & there are so many small parts you would not believe, it comes with 2 figures (one for String & one for Dom), but I heavily advise putting a light inside for the rear command area (where Dom sits) as once put together you wont seem him unless you angle it at the sun or a light.

Also if you plan on building Airwolf II, id advise on getting the old AMT or Kitech versions & building it to stock Bell 222 not Airwolf, as the Airwolf II was just a stock Bell 222, painted black & red.

The paint I used to match the Dupont Phantom grey, was Revell's Aquacolor Anthracite 36109, which is pretty much bob-on.

Originally I bought the old AMT kit & built it to Airwolf, but when I bought the Aoshima one, I re-painted the old one to Airwolf II, but I didnt take the sidepods or nose off.

Here are a couple of pics, to show you what you'll get, if you manage to get one.

Also check out the build on my Youtube channel, link is in my profile.

Photo298_zpsnvm5gwhm.jpgThe rear command centre, I made the mistake of laying the decals on top of the raised console detailing, luckily it stayed on, but you might want to sand down the raised details first.

Photo300_zpsh2shfmzd.jpgCommand centre all done.

Photo372_zps2nlrm8uk.jpgThe ADF Pod and belly detailing the AMT does not have, also a little further back you can see the rubber mounting for the landing gear should you wish to use it.

Photo355_zpsnr9giskk.jpgI mixed some Night Blue with some silver to re-create the burnt effect of the exhausts.

Photo351_zps9ttfwuw9.jpgThe side pods & guns, I filled in the pod covers on the inside before I mounted the guns.

Photo374_zpsww3gpqo1.jpgUsing the remove-able landing gear struts, the lady on her landing gear.

150828_512723172117457_1448191316_n_zpspAoshima Airwolf finished, on her stand, I printed the airwolf logo & laminated it to go on the stand.

733987_513544732035301_983601056_n_zpsuf

The Lady next to the old AMT, which id re-done as II.

Edited by Deadman Disciple
  • Like 1