As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeyboy76

BoB hurricane paint scheme

Yes; the mirror schemes weren't deleted until 1941.

presumably Bader's plane from the Sq Ldr's pennant.

242.jpg

I suggest downloading this as well, as it will answer many queries in, sadly long OOP

ca050486f3bca0b6b56867e8714b43f8-d.jpg

http://bookfi.org/book/765281

this is worth a read,

http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/gb/tmcbobh1.htm

brave man, 'tactical nincompoop'

The model shown has the wrong prop though.

well that clarifies things for both of us, also raised a point for me to bring up, which propellor should be correct for V7467? and is the old airfix 1/72 one got the correct prop and or spinner

Good shout on the Hurricane Camouflage book Troy, I may have accidently down loaded it from a website at one time, good informative stuff.

As for Douglas Bader, I think it is well known he was a 'bit of a one', but like the Churchill thread, I guess it goes to show that everyone has their 'Issues'.

well that clarifies things for both of us, also raised a point for me to bring up, which propellor should be correct for V7467? and is the old airfix 1/72 one got the correct prop and or spinner

The old 1/72 Airfix Mk I has the correct Spitfire type Rotol.

in this pic

N - Rotol Spitfire type

U - Hurricane rotol type

R - Hurricane DeHaviland type (smaller and pointier than DH spit type as seen on Hurricane 1939/early 1940,)

shurr-2.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys. Going to build Baders Hurricane for the up coming BoB GB but all the 1/72 airfix kits I have have fabric wings. Sure they were metal wings during the BoB.

They weren't all the metal wing, just the majority, but Bader's was. You can get metal wings from earlier Airfix kits, or indeed other kits (but not Sword or AZ).

Why don`t you have a go at fitting the metal outer wings from the old Hurricane onto the new Hurricane and then swap the prop and canopy over too? I`m having a go at doing this now and it doesn`t seem too hard. As Airfix have not followed their fabric wing up with a metal wing (well not in 1/72nd scale anyway!) it seems the only way to go for a decent Mk.I in this scale.

Cheers

Tony