2 Lightnings, a Mosquit and an Me P1099

I resolved to reduce my stash, so.

Airfix 1/72 Lightning.

An issue with the exhausts which need trimming to avoid a gap at the rear end.

Decided to mask the green rather than the alclad, but some paint came off with the tape, fixed with a brush, not obvious if you dont look too close.

SAM_0274.jpg

DSC_9095.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Lightning

This was on the shelf for ages because I wasn't happy with the alclad, and the wheels seemed to have a mind of their own, but decided to finish it off.

I used replacement wheel bays(lovely detail) cockpit and gun baffles.

SAM_0267.jpg

SAM_0271.jpg

SAM_0272.jpg

DSC_6609.jpg

The one at the back is alclad, the front one is foiled.

SAM_0273.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Mosquito.

The kit was quite basic so I didn't try anything fancy, just put it together (after using wrong engines).

SAM_0261.jpg

Me P1099

Fairly basic kit but it went together quite easily.

This was more a trial of my airbrush to feather two colour together, was going to airbrush the camouflage as well, but it is beyond my skills so used a brush.

It looks OK from a distance.

SAM_0262.jpg

BB

Edited by billybookcase
  • Like 6

Nice finish on the Lightnings, I am currently doing my first Alclad build, a Lightning in fact,I am finding Alclad nice to work with but very delicate, I have had one or two areas lift when masking has been removed. I did think about a quick gloss coat to protect it before masking for next shade but not sure if it would work.

Nice quartet sir.

What a great way to display a Lightening in flight. The rest look pretty good as well,

Sean

Nice finish on the Lightnings, I am currently doing my first Alclad build, a Lightning in fact,I am finding Alclad nice to work with but very delicate, I have had one or two areas lift when masking has been removed. I did think about a quick gloss coat to protect it before masking for next shade but not sure if it would work.

Nice quartet sir.

Yes, I thought the alclad might lift, so I masked the green, but that lifted, maybe I didn't leave it long enough.

BB

What a great way to display a Lightening in flight. The rest look pretty good as well,

Sean

Thank you Sean, I bought an acrylic rod for display, but at 10mm it is too big to fit up the exhaust (ooh er missus), so I improvised a plastic toy my son made.

BB

• Like 1

I actually said 'wow' out loud when I saw the first piccie of the Lightning. That is a great idea and one that I will shamelessly pinch for a future build.

Good skills.