1/48 - Hawker Tempest by Eduard - 2016 release?

JBr

Dedicated Czech Master's Kits (CMK) detailing sets

- ref. 129-4393 - Tempest Napier Sabre engine (upper half)

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/cmk-kits/tempest-napier-sabre-engine-upper-half.html

A special set for those wishing to build the Eduard’s Tempest with its engine visible and yet retain the type’s distinctive feature which was the bulky chin radiator. The set offers superbly detailed upper half replica of the Napier Sabre power plant designed using 3D technology and its master parts produced on a 3D printer. The set contains also the engine bulkheads and cowling panels.

Tempest-2.jpg

- ref. 129-4394 - Tempest Fuselage Fuel and Oil Tanks

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/cmk-kits/tempest-fuselage-fuel-and-oil-tanks.html

Tempest.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might be just me but does this set a new standard for aftermarket parts.  I have seen very nice afermarkets out there but look closely at the engine, it is amazing and no assembly required of the actual engine.  This just amazes me as to what can be done!

• Like 1

The fact that there is not much to assemble, does not make it so outstanding for scale modelling! I would say the opposite.

I have been looking to it and I think it will be a nightmare to paint...

Also, depending on your skills, the bottom part will be hard to turn into a convincing depth.

I have seen the same approach to CMKs engine for Airfix Defiant and I did not like it either.

• 2 months later...
On 07/12/2019 at 12:06, Col. said:

I'm wondering how well the engine set and pilot figure would fit into the Hasegawa Typhoon kits :hmmm:

There is already a exposed Sabre kit for the Hase Typhoon,   CMK 

0151536.jpg

I'd wondered in the past about putting it in the old tool Eduard Tempest...

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3377125255635731

Tempest Mk.V, series 2, in 1/48 scale released in Weekend edition contains two marking options:

NV724, flown by F/Lt Pierre Clostermann, No. 3 Squadron, Kastrup, Denmark, July 1945

EJ705, No. 80 Squadron RAF, 2nd TAF, Autumn 1944

See detailed description for each marking as the picture comment.

www.eduard.com/eduard/tempest-mk-v-ser-2-1-48.htm

92941073-3377125262302397-10136093140335l

V.P.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3502249433123312

Weekend edition kit of British fighter aircraft Tempest Mk.V Series 1 is going to be relased under the cat. no.84171 - 1/48 scale kit is focused on aircraft participated in the Operation Overlord:

- JN751, W/Cdr Roland P. Beamont DSO, DFC & bar, CO of No. 150 Wing, Newchurch, United Kingdom, June 1944,

- JN765, No. 3 Squadron, Newchurch, United Kingdom, June 1944.

100589015-3502247339790188-8773255160676

V.P.

• 11 months later...
24 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Oh good, I thought they’d forgotten about it.

John

No, it was meant to be out in April, but I guess they got a bit behind trying to keep up with the 109E demand, so hopefully out this month.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

- ref. BFC111- Hawker Tempest Mk.V

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/5176702955677943

We are introducing new Bunny Fighter Club activation product, 1/48 scale Tempest Mk.V (cat. no. BFC111).

The kit will be launched on December 1, 2021. Available at Eduard webstore only!

Learn more about Bunny Fighter Club membership benefits:

261666426-5176202752394630-8271820945740

V.P.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Czechoslovak Police Air Force???

That's one I've never come across before

That's because it's a fictitious marking and part of the Bunny Fighter Club series.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Czechoslovak Police Air Force???

That's one I've never come across before

Whereas the BFC colours are a close third behind Clostermann's and Beamont's aircraft :giggle:

Seriously, it's a new one on me too - would like to see photos of the original

4 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Ah okay, that explains it 😆

You're not alone. When they first started the BFC up with the Mig-21 I spent ages on Google trying to look for photos of the real one!!! 😀 I thought it was one on a show circuit, it wasn't until @Parabathad pointed it out it was a fictitious one and I actually read the blurb about it I realised. 🤦

3 hours ago, tank152 said:

You're not alone. When they first started the BFC up with the Mig-21 I spent ages on Google trying to look for photos of the real one!!! 😀 I thought it was one on a show circuit, it wasn't until @Parabathad pointed it out it was a fictitious one and I actually read the blurb about it I realised. 🤦

I loved the Mig 21 in that colour scheme in 1/48! Shame it’s only available in 1/72 at the moment. 

Im not sure what to make of that Tempest?

James 

7 minutes ago, franky boy said:

I loved the Mig 21 in that colour scheme in 1/48! Shame it’s only available in 1/72 at the moment. 

Im not sure what to make of that Tempest?

James 

I think the Mig-21 is the best yet, it's a shame the Mig-15bis is only available in 1/72 as I quite like that one as well. 

I'm with you about this Tempest although I may end up getting it to go with the BFC Bf109 i've also got.

• Like 1