1/48 - Hawker Tempest by Eduard - 2016 release?

JBr

7 hours ago, colin said:

I have no idea, but I passed on buying and got the kits I wanted via internet sites later on at a very lower cost, I expect they will bring 200 over sell at a inflated price to help pay for Telford, I don't blame them it makes good business sense.

At least you won't be needing a BM badge to identify yourself, i'll just listen for the squeak as you walk by! 

😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Would like to have one too, but I don't think I'll make it to their table in time - usually I only manage to do "do the rounds" on Sunday.

14 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

There's gonna be a fight at your stand anyway, for the Canberra canopies 😉

Jon

There'll be trouble if there aren't any Canberra canopies left when I get there Sunday ;) Or Phantom slotted tailplanes...... Looks like you need to sneak over to their stand on set-up day Jeffrey.

3 hours ago, tank152 said:

At least you won't be needing a BM badge to identify yourself, i'll just listen for the squeak as you walk by! 

😁

I see quite a lot of that at shows. What's really good is when someone comes creeping back later to purchase at your price as all the cheap ones have gone.

As Eduard presumably use a Czech based account the exchange rate could be quite different to the current rate in the UK. Also look at the movement between the two last October/November HERE

• Like 1

Since I read the original link was dead, I decided to convert the December leaflet I had downloaded into a link (first time doing this). The words are small but readable. 

If you don´t want to open it, it basically states the Tempest V Series 2 will be released on February 2019, and it also advertises three new kits and several aftermarket sets.

I hope you find this useful.

https://www.pdf.investintech.com/preview-frames.php?id=WGMxUkVjRVMxVTZqTTBFZ25yOFhwbEY0SWZDNmlCbERtZE1xVGRSWkdlZWZxVUJjWlNPeUFpSml5UlRUR05UOHl0ZGNxVzZTQlU5N0tsdWZ3eERDdExscmFjb1p4eEU0QkI0dkRoVitlZDhyVzZycWVET2VDR3FOdEQyTFIwWXA=

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Since I read the original link was dead, I decided to convert the December leaflet I had downloaded into a link (first time doing this). The words are small but readable. =

Thanks Sturmovik!

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened there for a few days... but whatever it was, the link appears to be fixed again:

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2018-12.pdf

Just as you did your conversion... Murphy's Law, I'm afraid!  🤔

• Like 1

So when it comes to the Weekend boxing, I guess they will have to include PE for the fishplates? When I heard the fishplates were in PE, I thought maybe they would be on a small separate fret so it could be in the Weekend boxing, but all the PE is on one fret.

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

So when it comes to the Weekend boxing, I guess they will have to include PE for the fishplates? When I heard the fishplates were in PE, I thought maybe they would be on a small separate fret so it could be in the Weekend boxing, but all the PE is on one fret.

the fishplates were only on the early series 1 planes,  so they might just pick markings for a  weekend boxing that doesn't need them. 

The first 50 Tempest Vs (presumably JN729 to JN773 and JN792-796) were built using the centre-sections from a cancelled Typhoon contract. This is the box-like structure, made from steel tubes, that sits between the wings. The Typhoon centre-section was very similar to the Tempest version but because of the latter’s slimmer wings, the wing root fairing would not quite fit over the Typhoon version. This resulted in a small blister over the offending structure which is evident in photos, often with much of the paint rubbed off by fitters’ feet. One can be clearly seen in the photo of JF-L or J (which may be JN768).

I rather suspected that this feature might have been associated with the ‘fishplates’ discussed in the above posts. However I was a bit surprised that when I examined relevant photos closely and the fishplates were evident well beyond the first 50 Tempests, almost to the end of the JN-series. Latest airframe identified so far is JN862 (85th).  First confirmed without the plates is JN875 (98th).

The longer-barrelled cannon (Hispano Mk II) was replaced much earlier than sometimes claimed – some sources indicate all the JN series were Series 1 with the long cannon.  The latest airframe I’ve been able to identify with the protruding cannon is JN767 (39th). There is a photo of JN801 (55th) in full stripes at Newchurch in late June/early July 1944, which is the earliest found with the short-barrelled Hispano Mk V. Some sources state that the shorter cannon was retrofitted to some of the earlier airframes but I have not found any evidence to support this.  

see here for more on series 1 planes

3 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

the fishplates were only on the early series 1 planes,  so they might just pick markings for a  weekend boxing that doesn't need them. 

see here for more on series 1 planes

Good point, they probably will but doesn't help anyone wanting to do an early aircraft from a Weekend boxing. Well it gives me an excuse to shell out for the Profipack I guess 😉

• 3 weeks later...

We have released wide range of Brassin accessories for our brand new Tempest Mk.V. This highly detailed cockpit replaces plastic parts. It can be placed without grinding.

https://www.eduard.com/store/aircraft-and-helicopters/1-48/tempest-mk-v-cockpit-1-48.html?fbclid=IwAR0jm6JMbvFmWBFNKBU2bhR0jCqHR5yuxrskqDQ-Zfx8WZPEA_6zskRdmNI

648416_01.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2359279544086979

V.P

• 3 weeks later...

Soon - ref. 82122 -  Hawker Tempest Mk.V serie 2 - ProfiPack

Source:  https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2019-02.pdf

Concerning the February new releases, the leading item is 1/48th scale Tempest Mk.V 2nd series in ProfiPack kit line, with famous Le grand Charles flown by Pierre Clostermann on the face. This is the main Tempest version, and it is expected this one will be real bestseller. There are some improvements in the plastic frames, which will be described in regular February 2018 INFO.

Temp-1.jpg

Temp-2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's the same plastic so I doubt it will have changed, they'll just bring a Brassin replacement out I would expect

Hope the Mirage is better moulded than the last one I had, lot of clean up on the small parts where the mould seemed out of alignment when the plastic was injected

I was hoping to see the Lorraine Cross on Clostermann's Tempest. I'll still buy it though, because it's one of my "must have" aircraft.

Edited by Sturmovik

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Eduard's press conference at Nuremberg Toy Fair 2019 (01/02) report:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2019/Eduard_PK/Eduard_PK_1.htm

Eduard_PK_05.jpg

Eduard_PK_22.jpg

V.P.

I received the kit on Friday here in Germany. That's one thing I like about Eduard, no too long wiating period. My version 2 Tempest must be from the very first ones coming from this mold...the parts are greasy to say the least! Almost like the floor in a French Fries place... No worries though, a bath in Drano with resolve this issue. Now Eduard hurry up with the Tempest II.

cheers

Uwe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

In additon to the above mentioned "goodies", Eduard will also release a Brassin Napier Sabre and HGW has released a "Wet Transfer" version of the series 2 "Profipack" decals plus stencils, happy times for Tempest aficionados! :)

a2cfea232fdc133382d93cf9a74a68a3.png

• 3 weeks later...

BarracudaCast dedicated resin upgrade sets.

Source: http://www.hyperscale.com/2019/reviews/accessories/barracudacasttempestpreviewbg_1.htm

- ref BR48397 – Hawker Tempest Seat with Belts

- ref. BR48398 – Hawker Tempest V, VI Exhausts

- ref. BR48398 – Hawker Tempest V Corrected de Havilland Spinner

- ref. BR48401 – Hawker Tempest Corrected Intake Set

- ref. BR48402 – Hawker Tempest Series I Mainwheels

- ref. BR48403 – Hawker Tempest Late Mainwheels - Smooth

- ref. BR48404 – Hawker Tempest Late Mainwheels - Block Tread

https://www.facebook.com/groups/848474938507986/permalink/2445151115507019/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2687905117891085

In July, we are going to release WWII British fighter aircraft Tempest Mk.V in 1/48 scale in our Royal Class Edition (cat. no. R0018).

- plastic parts: Eduard (Dual Combo),
- 14 decal options,
- decals: Cartograf,
- pre-painted PE parts,
- painting mask,
- resin parts: undercarriage wheels, exhaust stacks, the cable cutter/shock absorber for TT.5 version,
- extra: a pictorial book that covers Tempest Mk.V service.

V.P.

• 4 weeks later...