1/48 - Hawker Tempest by Eduard - 2016 release?

JBr

• 3 months later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

And what next after that? We are intensively working on the Tempest in 1/48 scale, which, in batting order, is right behind the Fw 190A.

Actually, we have the design for the Mk.V version ready. The Mk.II and Mk.VI will be finished next year. These two versions will be released in cooperation with Special Hobby.

Temp.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, colin said:

So are these going to be Special Hobby molds with Eduard resin/etch, or all new tooled by Eduard

I think the molds are being done by Eduard, though not really sure who's doing what exactly, but since Special Hobby have just done the Tempest in 1/32nd, it could be all the research work is coming from SH and Eduard is doing the rest. Not that it matter that much, the point is we are getting some lovely new Tempest's in 1/48th scale!

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, davmarx said:

Oh my... an Eduard Tempest Mk.II 1/48, my dreams comes true! I still remember the old Matchbox 1/72 I built in youth. :D

Ciao.

Davide

Same for me, except I chose to make a mark V. Digging into my memories, it was the one with Indian markings (radial engine - so a mark II?)

Edited by PattheCat

While Eduard is capable of scale appropriate rivets (just check out their 72nd scale spitfire ) , the density on this model appears too much - I think they will appear fine if left alone but an oil wash in all of them will result in a very odd looking model . 

3 hours ago, Basuroy said:

While Eduard is capable of scale appropriate rivets (just check out their 72nd scale spitfire ) , the density on this model appears too much - I think they will appear fine if left alone but an oil wash in all of them will result in a very odd looking model . 

Density too much? You mean realistically placed unlike some other manufactures that just add a few unrealistically placed rivets.

But yes you'll have to be careful applying a panel line wash not to get it in the rivets and a generally weathering up of the surface becomes difficult.

I'll wait until 2022 to buy the second or third "all new tool" edition of this kit, that will bring the needed corrections to the first and second edition.

Never buy the first edition with Eduard kit, just like with women , the second is always better ... and cost less. :D

Madcop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DominikS said:

Sorry, but I don't buy these 'rivets'. These are holes, not rivets.

Because in 1/48th scale a 1/4 inch rivet head would be 0.13mm - I'd love to see tooling that could make a ring that size.

So Eduard make the decision to represent them with holes. Sure I'd rather not have anything there, but they are there so we have to live with them.

On ‎13‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Tbolt said:

Because in 1/48th scale a 1/4 inch rivet head would be 0.13mm - I'd love to see tooling that could make a ring that size.

So Eduard make the decision to represent them with holes. Sure I'd rather not have anything there, but they are there so we have to live with them.

Vast majority for those skin thicknesses would even be 5/32 and 3/16. 

Yea, thing is, it's en vogue currently, so we have to deal with it.

4 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Vast majority for those skin thicknesses would even be 5/32 and 3/16. 

Yea, thing is, it's en vogue currently, so we have to deal with it.

When I said 1/4 inch rivet head, I wasn't talking about a 1/4 inch rivet, I was talking about a rivet with a 1/4 inch head, since that's what's relevant here, not the shank diameter - 1/4 inch in 1/32nd scale equals 0.13mm. I don't know the skin thickness of the Tempest, but I would have thought a 5/32 100 degree rivet probably has a head diameter around 1/4 inch.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1