Wessex HAS 31b build

Hi Robin, another prominent component of many RAN Wessex is the port side stores carrier. Will you be adding one here? I scratch built one for my 1/72 version last year but an aftermarket set in both 1/48 and 1/72 would be good to have.

Hi Robin,

As a customer from Scaleship, it is good to see, that the HQ is also modeling. It will bring forward some fine designed sets like grills, sonar station and the folding tail set. I agree with abat, that the most missed in the scale 1/7/2 and 1/48 is the store carrier.

I am thinking of the fuel tank, MK 33 homing torpedo for the HAS 1, MK..... for the HAS 3 and the lethal depth charges.

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

The link to the HAS 1 MK33 homing torpedo

http://www.focalplanes.co.uk/2010/11/from-the-changi-archive-wessex-305-from-ark-royal/

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

Hi Robin,

As a customer from Scaleship, it is good to see, that the HQ is also modeling. It will bring forward some fine designed sets like grills, sonar station and the folding tail set. I agree with abat, that the most missed in the scale 1/7/2 and 1/48 is the store carrier.

I am thinking of the fuel tank, MK 33 homing torpedo for the HAS 1, MK..... for the HAS 3 and the lethal depth charges.

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

The link to the HAS 1 MK33 homing torpedo

http://www.focalplanes.co.uk/2010/11/from-the-changi-archive-wessex-305-from-ark-royal/

Hi Dirk

Thanks for you reply and for that link, we have drawn up other marks of torpedoes and depth charges along with fuel tanks , I will add the MK33 to the list

Regards Robin

This is a lovely build. To my eyes it's hard to beat the Oxford blue / white scheme.

So says one who never had to do a H1 on the sods.

(A H1 was a corrosion control periodic servicing that involve smearing a god awful substance called PX112, which was chemically

identical to cats urine, all over the aircraft and wipeing it about with a rag. All it did was move the dirt from the bottom blue bits up onto

the white bits and make your watch PO yell at you for making his helicopter look crap)

• Like 2

Hello NAVY870, hello Steve,

PX is at this moment hot news at the office of the Minister of Defence (The Netherlands)

If you contact me privately, I will give you some more information. (Claims-Court cases)

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

Edited by Orion

So says one who never had to do a H1 on the sods.

(A H1 was a corrosion control periodic servicing that involve smearing a god awful substance called PX112, which was chemically

identical to cats urine, all over the aircraft and wipeing it about with a rag. All it did was move the dirt from the bottom blue bits up onto

the white bits and make your watch PO yell at you for making his helicopter look crap)

I never did like cats.

Hi Guys

postman was late today but at last the two new frets have arrived, solid plate blade holder (Australian version) and Wessex tail fold,

DSCF5636%20(550x413).jpg

I will put these together over the next couple of days and post some pics as I go along, last few Items are now on just need to do this blade fold.

DSCF5641%20(550x413).jpg

regards Robin

• Like 3

Hi Guys

The blade holder worked out fine but the tail fold will need some adjustments, here are some pictures of the Wessex with the latest blade holder installed

Bladeqtr.jpg

bladehalf%20(550x413).jpg

blade1%20(550x413).jpg

blade2%20(550x390).jpg

blade3%20(412x550).jpg

blade4%20(550x413).jpg

Virtually complete now just a couple of small items left to put on, I will take it to the yeovilton show next Saturday and will hopefully have some of the new items on sale providing we can get the instructions done on time.

Regards Robin

• Like 3