1/72 S&M HS-748

aukebruins

How would you modify a YS-11 into a 748?. That's like building a Convair 880 out of a Boeing 707. There is nothing even similar in the types

Not sure but they are similar, lots of cutting and gluing, Lots of filler I figure.

I emailed S and M and the Hawker is available for 69 pounds, do your conversion. I want two, so I have to start saving, my dollar is pathetic right now to the pound. At least the two YS-11s I have can stay what they are.

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I emailed S and M and the Hawker is available for 69 pounds, do your conversion. I want two, so I have to start saving, my dollar is pathetic right now to the pound. At least the two YS-11s I have can stay what they are.

Please tell me where I can order it for that price .

Auke

Please tell me where I can order it for that price .

Auke

The homepage is strange for a model site , but it's http://www.sandmmodels.co.uk/or just look for "s and m models". I just ordered two, have to make sure they got my money order, they don't use paypal.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

The map on the site indicates that their shop is in "!Parliament Square - Westminster". Are they one of those outfits living in tents?

The website is obviously only half constructed at the moment.

Can anyone provide a picture of the kit, what's included and any close ups to give some indication of the quality of the kit? I'd like to buy one but without seeing what it's like then I'm reluctant to part with money.

Jeff

I broke down and bought two. I was hoping to wait for my dollar to come back up, and it did....a week after. They are supposed to be on the way with a tracking number. When I get them, I'll post pictures here, should be a week from now.

• Like 1

.... just look for "s and m models".

Might I suggest that you don't 'just look for s&m models' if using a computer owned by your employer?

You may find google doesn't quite understand what you're trying to find...

Edited by XV107
  • Like 4

Might I suggest that you don't 'just look for s&m models' if using a computer owned by your employer?

You may find google doesn't quite understand what you're trying to find...

Or, at least, make sure you have the volume turned down, just in case....

Or, at least, make sure you have the volume turned down, just in case....

Yes it seems they maybe should've picked a bit different name just in case. I know the home page picture doesn't fit what I would think to be a model site.

I have the two Hawkers! I'll post pictures within this week. Quite nice, needs some finishing on edges, nothing to be scared of. Seems to have a similar feel to the Mach 2 Viscount kit I have. Quite a few metal parts, nice cockpit. No passemger cabin interior. there should be something made since the windows are fairly large, but not super needed. Fit seems quite good when I tried the parts. I'd like to open the doors possibly on one, I know I would have to make new ones if i did. I have to find out the proper method to clean it. tape doesn't stick well. I ordered one without the Dan Air decals, was supposed to be both without, since I'm not making it Dan Air, so I have an extra set if anyone wants. They accidently sent me the center section (as they call it, wing root fairing) for the Andover which won't work. I didn't realize the two were so different. They are sending me two correct parts and I'll send the wrong ones back, they are supplying the self addressed envelope.

May_22_2015.jpg

Here she is. One of my two. I'm still waiting for the new center section which should be here soon. I think it's a worthwhile kit. I just was on flightaware.com earlier and it show two of these flying today, one out of Yellowknife and one landing in Quebec.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the correct center section (or wing to fuselage fairings) as they call them sent to me. I aggreed to send the Andover ones back, they gave a an adrressed envelope to, unfortunatly they couldn't put return postage on it, but said they would reimburse me.So reaaly cool, not sure when I'll start on them, hopefully this year.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Andover CC2 model kit from the RAF Regiment Sqn Ldr at Tengah around 30 years ago.The Fuselage was assembled and it came with Queens Flight decals in injection moulding and unboxed!!He had quit modelling and had some of the Original old Frog Models still unbuilt,which I also bought and still have !!I finished it and compared it with the Air Uk F27 and seemed to be in correct Scale of 1:7272%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh72%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh72%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh

Never having seen this in a kit before I was surprised to find the chap had this one.It looks OK to my old eyes,so have kept it.

I bought a Andover CC2 model kit from the RAF Regiment Sqn Ldr at Tengah around 30 years ago.The Fuselage was assembled and it came with Queens Flight decals in injection moulding and unboxed!!He had quit modelling and had some of the Original old Frog Models still unbuilt,which I also bought and still have !!I finished it and compared it with the Air Uk F27 and seemed to be in correct Scale of 1:7272%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh72%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh72%20nd%20Andover%20CC2%20Queens%20Fligh

Never having seen this in a kit before I was surprised to find the chap had this one.It looks OK to my old eyes,so have kept it.

Wow, great find, good thing you held onto it. I guess there was more of these at one time, don't know why none are around now. Could be where the vac formed ones were made from.