Supermarine s6b 1/72 pavla

It's been a while again since i made a post, yet i've done some more little things to the kit in what little time i had, and it's beginning to look like a plane.

i've attached all the wings and stabilizers, and done all the rigging using metal wire... i think it's what's been putting me off, but i said to myself i woudn't start another kit before this one was finished.

what remains to be done is touch up the paintjob, especially the floats are a mess (i really need to get my hands on a compressor again so i can airbrush), do the decals and attatch the final bits.

here's how she looks so far:

DSC00595.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Hi all, finally a long overdue update. i'd say the model is about 99% finished with juist some decals and touching up needed. also the diorama base needs some mode details and perhaps some figures.

DSC02017.jpg

DSC01997%201.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

The model is more a token of a learning proces than a display of skill, but nevertheless i think it captures the lines of the real thing rather well...

• Like 5

As no diorama is complete without some people, i thought this chap from the airfix raf ground crew set would look the part.

IMG_20150824_200437.jpg

although enlarging him like that doesn't do him any favours...

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi!

Concerning your picture of the aircraft laying in the water. Does it really float it is it just standing on the bortom? Nice build of an good looking aircraft!

Cheers / André

On 5/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, Andre B said:

Hi!

Concerning your picture of the aircraft laying in the water. Does it really float it is it just standing on the bortom? Nice build of an good looking aircraft!

Cheers / André

It doesn't float, back when i build it we added an extension to the house. at that moment the concrete floor was build and a big puddle had formed from the rain. that looked like a scale lake to my modellers eye. in fact i aded extra weight in the tips of the floats to keep it from tipping back so that doesn't help with buoyancy :)

• Like 1