SU-27 UB Flanker 1/48

This has kept me busy for toooooo long. Its the Eduard version with the resin. also added Eduard missiles/pylons and Northstar nozzles. little bit of extra wiring done. Painted with Akan. A practise before I do the sol SU-30 and Wolfpack SU-33 conversions (one day) Jeez, just realised I haven't put on the static dischargers :banghead: . I promise they will go on this week :chair:

16421606211_cf296c00a9_h.jpg

16422404582_6d3e140daa_h.jpg

16235688548_775006c2b5_h.jpg

16423326815_fd0b8aa073_h.jpg

16237139629_3c1bd23103_h.jpg

15803320993_722c092562_h.jpg

15803323763_4b8270a2c8_h.jpg

• Like 37

Stunning work, very well done.

The SU-27 family are some of the the most stunning looking aircraft ever to take flight in my opinion and you have done a masterclass of this.

Now that is something really special! Excellent paintwork and the detailing is superb.

I'm just about to start a project using Akan paints, how did you find them to use? Also, the ladders. Are they after market?

Brilliant work!

Thanks for all the kind comments!

IGKent - yes, its the Eduard version plus a few extras.

Mark - yes the ladders are photoetch from DreamModel. The Akan paints were not quite as easy as tamiyas. I sprayed them neat as they didnt seem to like thinning (and didnt really need it with a good 30+ psi)

The first light coats dont look promising, but dont be fooled, when you do a wetter finish coat over them it goes down smooth and they do come up lovely. They also brush much better than tamiya, adding just a drop of flow improver.

I will take a couple of pics outside when the weather improves, the lights played havoc with the white balance and the

colours are a bit off.

I have ordered the static dischargers so with any luck they will be on this week. If they dont fit or look right (you never know with AM stuff)

ill bodge some up with brass tube