John says thanks for looking

I simply say

Thanks for building this beauty

and double thanks for showing it to us

Extra for showing us HOW

It was a brilliant WIP

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

I did wonder how you'd get into the seat! I'm not exactly svelte but I figured it wouldn't be comfortable or easy to get there. The cockpit is cramped anyway, so much so that my father wouldn't go in on claustrophobia grounds. I noticed there was a rearward facing seat in the nose. I wonder what the crew positions were all for, I didn't get to inspect that nose end. I expect one would be navigation and the other radar or special equipment such as the icing test stuff?

I must say I really do like Newark AM, the guides are very enthusiastic and accommodating. Had a good look inside the Varsity as well which was fascinating. The trick is to go on a weekday when the place is quiet and the guides are eager to have a chat with enthusiasts. ..oh and the toasties in the café hit the spot too, can't go wrong there...

I think you're right about the seating arrangement, the seat to the left as you go in is the standard "crash" seat for the Nav. In the standard B(I)8 the Nav. worked on a sliding seat in front of his table and sat in the "crash" seat for take off and landing. The other seat would be for the c hap operating the test kit? So that would make two people without ejection seats having to exit the aircraft via the side door in an emergency! Not a good situation. I agree full about Newark museum, it's a very good museum.

John

Admire your diligence and another top scoring model !

Really hope for a chance to see the complete collection in real life !!!

Looking fwd to your next project,

Rolf

• Like 1

That's wonderfull as always John, black Canberra with a pointy nose how very menacing that looks.

I like the base too

Cheers Rob :)

Thanks Rob, she does look quite business like with the pointed nose and the black paint job, quite fitting for her Chemical Biological warfare role.

John

• 4 months later...

Hi John - I guess this build proves that it's about time you were crowned 'Canberra King!'The spray equipment detail is exquisite and is complimented by the level of finish achieved throughout.The 'Ice Queen' has melted many hearts,including mine.Excellent. - Paul.

• Like 1