Hi John:

Lovely model, great job and wonderful results.

Anytime you post something related with the Canberra surely is a pleasent masterpiece creation process to read and get some modeling class to learn new things or to remember old forgotten things to have present even in these modern times.

Congratulations for this one, another masterpiece added to the nice collection you have.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Fabulous model that, beautifully reproduced. :thumbsup2:

I had a crawl around the real aircraft the other week. Hellishly cramped in there, couldn't even get into the pilot's seat, I guess the pilot must have been very thin or went in through the canopy rather than the side entrance?

• Like 1

Thank you every one for your kind comments! :thumbsup:

Take a bow that man !! Utterly fantastic :goodjob:

Love the B(I)8 "Icing Tanker" :analintruder::thumbsup:

Andy

(Wot ..no Playboy bunny !! :winkgrin: )

Not at this point in her life Andy, who knows I may re-vamp her at some stage :)

Fabulous model that, beautifully reproduced. :thumbsup2:

I had a crawl around the real aircraft the other week. Hellishly cramped in there, couldn't even get into the pilot's seat, I guess the pilot must have been very thin or went in through the canopy rather than the side entrance?

HP42,

It is a bit of a squeeze getting in to the pilots seat the thigh guard should fold down but I think it's stuck now, the canopy on the B(I)8 doesn't open like on the PR.9 so the only way in and (normally) out is vis the side door.

John

Hi John:

Lovely model, great job and wonderful results.

Anytime you post something related with the Canberra surely is a pleasent masterpiece creation process to read and get some modeling class to learn new things or to remember old forgotten things to have present even in these modern times.

Congratulations for this one, another masterpiece added to the nice collection you have.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

thank you Luis I've been wanting to build her for a very long time, only now have I had the kit and the courage to have a go!!

Hi John,

nice model of an unusual subject. Regarding all that conversion work, I would call it a quick build. Next model - let me guess: A Canberra?!

Cheers,

Mario

How ever did you guess Mario :)

John

HP42,

It is a bit of a squeeze getting in to the pilots seat the thigh guard should fold down but I think it's stuck now, the canopy on the B(I)8 doesn't open like on the PR.9 so the only way in and (normally) out is vis the side door.

John

I did wonder how you'd get into the seat! I'm not exactly svelte but I figured it wouldn't be comfortable or easy to get there. The cockpit is cramped anyway, so much so that my father wouldn't go in on claustrophobia grounds. I noticed there was a rearward facing seat in the nose. I wonder what the crew positions were all for, I didn't get to inspect that nose end. I expect one would be navigation and the other radar or special equipment such as the icing test stuff?

I must say I really do like Newark AM, the guides are very enthusiastic and accommodating. Had a good look inside the Varsity as well which was fascinating. The trick is to go on a weekday when the place is quiet and the guides are eager to have a chat with enthusiasts. ..oh and the toasties in the café hit the spot too, can't go wrong there...

• Like 1