Hawker Hunter STGB II Chat

EDIT: Never mind found a photo answering my question

for reference it was should fr10s have the outer wing bulge. Asnwer pictures say no

What what I understand the FR.10 either did not or could not carry anything on the outer pylons other than the small 100 gal. drop tanks whereas the FGA.9 and its various export equivalents had those bulges as part of a pylon ejector system to blow off the pylon and any stores it carried in an emergency.

• Like 1

Thanks col, good to know for future reference. Anyhoo my hunter is now in the gallery. Whether I build the 2nd remains to be seen, got other stuff to get on with and I have no light airfraft grey left nor sliver Spray. Am considering doing the maverick armed swiss option though

Hi

Having finished my T7 I am planning to continue with the Hawker P1052 as a prototype of the Hunter. I've already done WB188 so no point in repeating myself. Would you consider this as part of the Hunter Group Build? If so I'll post it here rather than on the general forum.

Hi

Having finished my T7 I am planning to continue with the Hawker P1052 as a prototype of the Hunter. I've already done WB188 so no point in repeating myself. Would you consider this as part of the Hunter Group Build? If so I'll post it here rather than on the general forum.

Alas I don't think this one can be included Colin. While I understand there's a strong argument for it being a proof-of-concept for the Hunter wing it was not an actual Hunter so isn't eligible for this STGB. If you are going ahead with it in the general forum I will be keen to watch your progress though.

Sounds not good Simon, I thought you were having wing fit issues?

Sorry I cant help in Big scale.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Yes, wings were tricky but they're on the Revell kit, will be fine with a small amount of filler, rest of that kit is all ok.

I need the u/c & wheels for the Echelon kit i've also started, the kit was missing the white metal parts when I bought it, i've managed to source some of the bits such as front u/c but still need main legs and wheels.

SAC do some white metal legs but the wheels are going to be tricky to source.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SAC32014

How close are a Lightnings main wheels to a Hunters guys?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MST32039

Cheers

Simon

Edited by SimonR

A bit late in the day, I know, but but today I started to build a 1/72nd T8, am I able to join in? I do promise I'll try to finish it!

A T.8 you say Bill? Please do join in :D

Hi boys and girls

I spotted this on evil bay and confess I have seen the old FROG model before but never packaged like this

Thought all you Hunter enthusiasts might like a peep for old times sake

regards all

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FROG-Inside-Story-Attackers-Hawker-Hunter-collectible-plastic-model-kit-/201590015276?

John

edit

I had a browse on the old net and found these too

Gannet

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/astons-toy-auctions/catalogue-id-srast10012/lot-3c6e90cf-5443-442b-a452-a43e00a717de

Spitfire II

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/162539-frog-f146-supermarine-spitfire-ii

FW 190

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/162716-frog-f147-focke-wulf-190

It seems that FROG did these 4 only in this range

• Like 2

I'm going to ask my favourite question, what paints are you all using for DSG and DG? I normally use Gunze acrylics but the DSG isn't a very good match. I've asked this question before and had various answers. I even got as far as buying a whole lot of different greys from the likes of Tamiya etc and had made a choice for my Phantom build a while back but for the life of me I cannot remember which colour I decided on in the end!

Duncan B

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a can of aluminium, time to start the 2nd hunter I think....now swiss airforce option or 54sqn?

edit: oh thats annoying, xtradecal only provided 1 set of high vis roundels, all I have left are low vis....so buy some, do a swiss one or just order some more LAG...

Edited by PhantomBigStu

thanks to a fellow bmer i now have set of roundels from the revell F6, can anyone with that kit tell me which ones are the fuselage roundels, 20 or 7?

edit: never mind I found a PDF of the revell instructions on galaxykits

would be helpful is some advice was given on the rocket pods as revell don't tell you how to paint em, re colours, silver body with the end cone in gunmetal?

Edited by PhantomBigStu

would be helpful is some advice was given on the rocket pods as revell don't tell you how to paint em, re colours, silver body with the end cone in gunmetal?

Stu,

If they are like those fitted to the Harrier, then Airfix suggest these colours. Link Here

• Like 1

Please excuse my absence from the forums over the last few weeks gang but life has been rather chaotic lately. At least you've all been busy so have plenty progress to catch up on and hopefully will get a little bench time over the weekend to make some headway with my own Hunter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to a fellow bmer i now have set of roundels from the revell F6, can anyone with that kit tell me which ones are the fuselage roundels, 20 or 7?

edit: never mind I found a PDF of the revell instructions on galaxykits

Hi Stu.

Sorry about the delay, but I have only just read your query. I hope this photo can be of some help. Even though it is an example of the RhAF Hunter, the pods seem to be the same as those used with the RAF at that period. The 68mm Matra pods on our Hunters had a black metallic finish on the nose section, with the main body of the pod being similar to polished chrome as can be seen in this photo. The polished chrome is a little heat stained and weathered through regular use.

No%201%20Sqn%20Hunter%2004_zpsqpmrc7l5.j

Hope this has helped :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Here we are with five days left gang. It's been a relatively quiet GB as these things go but I've enjoyed watching your projects take shape and there's a nice selection of models already in the gallery with a few more rapidly nearing completion that will hopefully feature in that gallery before close of play on Sunday. Good luck to those of you still working and thanks to everyone who has taken part with either a model or encouragement :goodjob: