Hawker Hunter STGB II Chat

sounds good Col. Will you be attending the next club meeting? Hopefully I should be able to; I was still a bit poorly for the last one. If you get a chance to bring them I could take a gander if thats okay?

cheers

Aye I'm planning to be there and hopefully have one of John's Hunters to show some progress on so will take the sheets. Can also take the True Details set for you to have a look at as well if you wish.

• Like 1

I just happen to have 2 of John Milne's Academy 1/48 Hunters, I only plan on building one, the F6, so the FGA9 is possibly surplus to requirements.

Anyway, count me in on this one. (I know I said "shoot me" if I ever say I'm joining another GB but it's a Hunter one :shrug: )

Duncan B

How can you possibly have a Hunter kit 'surplus to requirements' !?! :mental:

So if Aaron doesn't want it can I be next in line? :bounce:

• Like 2

How can you possibly have a Hunter kit 'surplus to requirements' !?! :mental:

So if Aaron doesn't want it can I be next in line? :bounce:

I already have a Messerschmitt Mountain and a Phantom Phorest so I don't need to start a Hunter Hanger too. The Lightning stash is starting to take on epic proportions too but that's another story.

DB

• Like 1

I already have a Messerschmitt Mountain and a Phantom Phorest so I don't need to start a Hunter Hanger too. The Lightning stash is starting to take on epic proportions too but that's another story.

DB

Given my Hunter hoard has reached close to critical mass I really should stop but the only other type to rival it is the Seafire selection and there's an extensive reference library on both subjects I need to justify owning so will use that as an excuse to add more if possible. Then again I've now got five Hunters and three Seafire in the display cabinet so claiming both are collections in progress - sure your Messerchmitt/Phantom/Lightning sets are the same story ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in with a boring 1/72-OOB-Hunter F.6 from Revell. Does it even count?

Alex

It's a Hunter. It counts :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, is it still OK for me to join this group build? It will be my first one (GB) that is, and the Hunter is my all time fave aircraft. I'm leaning towards an Indian Air Force display team F6...

Cheers, and where do I sign up!

Viv

• Like 1

Hi all, is it still OK for me to join this group build? It will be my first one (GB) that is, and the Hunter is my all time fave aircraft. I'm leaning towards an Indian Air Force display team F6...

Cheers, and where do I sign up!

Viv

You just have Viv :D Welcome to the fun with a cracking choice!

• Like 1

Thanks Col! Looking forward to starting this in April next year! I have two Revell 32nd scale Hunters waiting to be built and the will probably get sorted before the GB starts. Looks like I'll have to get another one! Oh well....

Cheers

Viv

Edited by Ace From Outer Space
  • Like 1

Thanks Col! Looking forward to starting this in April next year! I have two Revell 32nd scale Hunters waiting to be built and the will probably get sorted before the GB starts. Looks like I'll have to get another one! Oh well....

Cheers

Viv

I've lost track of how many Hunters in various scales I have in the stash but if Airfix announce a new tool kit at Christmas that number will increase ;)

• Like 1

Heads up everybody: I've just ordered another 1/32 Revell Hunter for the princely sum of £16.77 incl. postage from Wonderland Models. Thats with a 5% discount, as it was my first order from them. Seemed very cheap for a decent 32nd scale kit.

Cheers

Viv