Special Hobby 1/72 CC&F Goblin Mk. I

I'm calling this one "done".

I had started the Goblin back in early 2014 - likely somewhere between February and March. It started out to quite simple. Fit was decent, not a lot of filler needed for the fuselage or lower wings; and then came the interplane struts which began my slow decline into insanity. I put the kit aside for the rest of the year. Then I made myself a resolution: any kits that I had started in 2014 or prior that I still had (i.e. that were not tossed into the bin) would be finished before starting any "new" kit. This helps keep my better half happy because I'm not only not creating more clutter by adding to the "I'll get to it when I get to it" pile :D but also it should help the budget - no new kits being purchased because I'm busy with the current stash.

So here it is - first one of 2015.

The port wing is just "not right" - but it's close enough that I would call this "done" (as opposed to "finished" :D :D :D ) - the aforementioned interplane strut didn't have the correct angle so both the upper and lower wings are a bit askew on the starboard side. The rest of the kit though, well, it ain't half bad in my opinion :)

Cheers,

Dave

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

• Like 21

That is a very nice model indeed of what must have been Canada`s worse ever warplane! You have done a fantastic job of this very stopgap fighter,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Beautiful! I love the old Grumman Fifi, and to see it in British-style markings is even better! I have an old Meikraft one built up somewhere, but I also have this kit. You may have sold me on the Goblin, despite the problems you had. As far as the wings being a bit off - my biplanes usually end up that way anyway, but I'll be looking out for that on this kit.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Dave

Great work, looks fab, I am building one of these at the moment and have just got the lower wings on, The Port wing was a bit of a so and so too even on a homemade jig, had to take off and re do the wings. Fuselage fit was good though. Will possibly post some piccies if it turns out okay.

Thanks for sharing

All the best
Chris