As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

A phenomenally good build, beautifully captured in those pictures. All around top quality, great job.

Edited by doozer1974

HI Andy, just a quick question, did you apply a satin coat prior to the colour wash with Vallejo,and oils. I have followed your paint instructions on my BRM3 With ERA and am relly pleased at how its turning out. Will post pics as soon as I have finished it.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

The Vallejo camo green colour wash was applied undiluted over the previous paint layers. It's quite a transparent colour so it just tints the surface. I applied 2-3 coats on some panels and fewer on others to add more contrast. After that, it was gloss coated and the decals added with another gloss coat to seal them. I added a pin wash with burnt umber oil over the gloss coat then, once dry added a matt coat. After that I added some shading and highlighting with prussian blue, burnt sienna, sap green, yellow ochre and white oils. They were used pretty much neat from the tube and blended into the surface which works better over a matt finish, over gloss it tends to just smear and look patchy. All that was lightly sealed with a misted on matt coat, then the mud and other weathering was added. I also added a few rust streaks here and there at the end with burnt sienna oil. You can mostly see them on the dozer blade at the front

16061541710_c202ca4481_c.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your BRM

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy many thanks for the info, my BMP3 with ERA, should be finished in the next week so hopefully pics by then.

Dave

Very impreesive, the last photo in the first post looked real

Edited by Harfoot

Hi Andy

One of the best AFV i see for a long time... well at least for me!

This will be a reference for a future build!

Congratulations

Vitor

Edited by Vitor Costa

How did I miss this stunner

Must change the Guide Dog and get my white stick serviced!

Wow!

Cheers

K

Love your paint, must start my ZSU.....

Gret job with this one. That howitzer is from cold war times or modern?

Cheers

Thanks everyone

Gret job with this one. That howitzer is from cold war times or modern?
Cheers

It came into service in the early '70's and it's still in use today, so it spanned both eras

Andy

Aww man, please stop it! This is too good!! Fantastic build and finish! Love it!! Thanks for the peak at your studio setup! and Thanks you for sharing!! :wow::wow::wow:

Pearse

Perfect weathering !

What a superb work :bounce::thumbsup:

Edited by JB's